Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The bulkheads are a perfect fit. Got to love the reflectiveness of polished acrylic!

- Ben

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting tank mod..following..I have a jbj24 sitting on bsmnt rightnow

3. Likes Funlad3 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brief update...

I'm officially a college grad, so now I'm back and working on the tank again. A tank crash killed my first pair of flame angels while I was away, so the tank has been running on standby in the dark for about three months. I got home last week and brought a pair of flame angels from my favorite fish supplier. The small one is already in the tank with a diamond goby and a new CUC. Hopefully it establishes the nano as its own quickly so I can add the second, much larger, flame soon. I'm hoping that they pair up quickly; we'll see how that works.

I still have to get my actual lights up and running before I add corals; right now, I just have a super old/cheap LED blackbox running over the hole for the feeding lid. It works for now, but I want to finish my Frankenstein build...

More to come.

Brief FTS:

Larger Flame Angel (super misbarred; my favorite). He's hanging in my coral holding tank in the basement for now.
    - Ben

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another update:

The CUC has done a fantastic job cleaning up diatoms and the first hints of algae, so the tank is currently spotless. Test corals have been in the tank for a week or two, depending on the species, and I think that the tank is ready for me to move in the last of my abused SPS. All of the softies and LPS have been doing great, and I've been getting good PE on the two SPS frags I've been playing with.

The diamond goby jumped, but one of my blue star wrasses suddenly appeared after two weeks and is eating like a pig. There still might be one more wrasse (blue star or radiant) hiding in the sand, but I can't be sure. The small flame angel is eating a bit better and has finally stopped losing weight, but it only eats the first few pieces of food whenever it's added. To cope, I've been feeding the tank 2-4 times per day, but that leaves a lot of extra food floating around; I'm hoping to get more small fish to take care of the extra this week.

I still want to get my custom lights finished so I can reassemble the hood, but it's not my top priority.

Pictures:

Small flame (You can see that it's still underweight along its back. Hopefully I can fatten it up in a few weeks so I can add the larger flame.):

Blue star wrasse:

Orange branching hammer (still getting its color back)

Blue Maxima (before the CUC took care of the algae. I'm going to kill the aiptasia once I have time later this week.):

Red leg hermit crab (surprisingly putting in work) and OG Mummy Eye Chalice (courtesy of @maidia):

A very cluttered FTS:
    - Ben