Close

View Poll Results: Please vote for one of the following images for POTM winner

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Post #9 - Starry Blenny

    6 42.86%
  • Post #17 - Rainbows in Spain

    0 0%
  • Post #22 - Wrasse

    4 28.57%
  • Post #29 - Bubble Tip Anemone

    1 7.14%
  • Post #39 - Shroom

    3 21.43%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 58 of 58
  1. #51
    "Rambo" DD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Elmwood Park
    Posts
    2,176
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by madjoe View Post
    Thanks they use to do it so there must be a way. Its just much easier to vote when u can compare the pics next to each other
    I tried figuring it out, but couldn't do it. I know what you mean though, I just don't know how it was done in the past.

    As goat585 mentioned, we're just trying out a few different things, listening to feedback, and then incorporating good ideas offered by the members going forward. As with most things in life, it'll never be perfect where it makes everyone happy, so we need to do our best to make as many people happy as we can, while also keeping the spirit of the competition alive.

    Personally what I'd like to see going forward is to have themes each month, but I imagine that would be problematic based on how many participate in each of the competitions. For example we could have an Acro month, and two people submit pics. That kind of defeats the purpose of community and competition. We really want everyone to have a good time with these competitions and be able to participate every month.

    The one thing I know for certain is that there doesn't seem to be a way to include pics in the polling feature. I definitely tried that and it didn't work for the images that I was able to get to display.
    "When in doubt, use the force" - Things Yoda Would Say
    "Never memorize anything you can look up" - Einstein

    My Flickr Page

    My builds:

    50 Cadlights Cube

    Favorite reef related quotes from people:

    "Everything fine with this tank. It has already cycled water from a bigger tank."
    "I probably should not have touched tank or sump while drugged up though."

  2. #52
    Premium member madjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Addison
    Posts
    8,243
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    I tried figuring it out, but couldn't do it. I know what you mean though, I just don't know how it was done in the past.

    As goat585 mentioned, we're just trying out a few different things, listening to feedback, and then incorporating good ideas offered by the members going forward. As with most things in life, it'll never be perfect where it makes everyone happy, so we need to do our best to make as many people happy as we can, while also keeping the spirit of the competition alive.

    Personally what I'd like to see going forward is to have themes each month, but I imagine that would be problematic based on how many participate in each of the competitions. For example we could have an Acro month, and two people submit pics. That kind of defeats the purpose of community and competition. We really want everyone to have a good time with these competitions and be able to participate every month.

    The one thing I know for certain is that there doesn't seem to be a way to include pics in the polling feature. I definitely tried that and it didn't work for the images that I was able to get to display.
    Dang how they do it before i swore they did it that way before. Anyways thanks for trying .
    PDF ZONE

    IF U DONT LIKE WHAT U C DONT LOOK

  3. Likes DD liked this post
  4. #53
    "Rambo" DD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Elmwood Park
    Posts
    2,176
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by madjoe View Post
    Dang how they do it before i swore they did it that way before. Anyways thanks for trying .
    We'll get it figured out for the next one. I do remember that though. I'm almost positive that images were able to be displayed in the poll. For some reason they just wouldn't display when I tried. It's probably something so simple that it's stupid lol.
    "When in doubt, use the force" - Things Yoda Would Say
    "Never memorize anything you can look up" - Einstein

    My Flickr Page

    My builds:

    50 Cadlights Cube

    Favorite reef related quotes from people:

    "Everything fine with this tank. It has already cycled water from a bigger tank."
    "I probably should not have touched tank or sump while drugged up though."

  5. #54
    Premium member madjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Addison
    Posts
    8,243
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    We'll get it figured out for the next one. I do remember that though. I'm almost positive that images were able to be displayed in the poll. For some reason they just wouldn't display when I tried. It's probably something so simple that it's stupid lol.
    It always is lol but i suck at computers so nothing is simple . Luckly i have few numbers in my phone with people who know how to walk me through things
    PDF ZONE

    IF U DONT LIKE WHAT U C DONT LOOK

  6. Likes DD liked this post
  7. #55
    Member danp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    99
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont know if it helps but I would just ask selected 5 pics owners to send you on your email their pictures, and you post them together with numbers.
    Assuming you have contact with them via pms for example, so they know that you guys selected them.

  8. Likes DD liked this post
  9. #56
    "Rambo" DD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Elmwood Park
    Posts
    2,176
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A day late and a dollar short but we do have a winner! The Starry Blenny in post #9 is the POTM winner!!!

    Congrats! We will get the image over into the running POTM winner's thread shortly. I was hoping to hop on here yesterday, but I'm either coming down with the flu, or a sinus infection so I've been wiped out.

    January 2018 POTM Winner.jpg
    "When in doubt, use the force" - Things Yoda Would Say
    "Never memorize anything you can look up" - Einstein

    My Flickr Page

    My builds:

    50 Cadlights Cube

    Favorite reef related quotes from people:

    "Everything fine with this tank. It has already cycled water from a bigger tank."
    "I probably should not have touched tank or sump while drugged up though."

  10. Likes sk8elenex92, Cubano32, enzo1028, danp liked this post
  11. #57
    Premium member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Streamwood
    Posts
    594
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you and thanks for putting this together

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

  12. Thanks DD, madjoe thanked for this post
    Likes DD, madjoe liked this post
  13. #58
    "Rambo" DD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Elmwood Park
    Posts
    2,176
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GugsJr View Post
    Thank you and thanks for putting this together

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    You're welcome, and you deserve it! When you first posted it I immediately thought to myself "this one will be hard to beat".

    There were a bunch of great pics, so the competition was tough! We're working on getting this month's competition started soon.
    "When in doubt, use the force" - Things Yoda Would Say
    "Never memorize anything you can look up" - Einstein

    My Flickr Page

    My builds:

    50 Cadlights Cube

    Favorite reef related quotes from people:

    "Everything fine with this tank. It has already cycled water from a bigger tank."
    "I probably should not have touched tank or sump while drugged up though."

  14. Thanks GugsJr thanked for this post

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •