Close
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29
  1. #1
    Premium member Cubano32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Romeoville
    Posts
    903
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Start of the 120g build

    Since Gugsjr upgraded his 120g to a 210g I was lucky enough to buy his old setup.

    I will be upgrading from my 34g deep blue rimless to this massive 120g. This is going to be my biggest tank I have had. So I'm very excited and little nervous at the same time.

    My 34g is mostly a LPS and softie tank with minimal sps. This new tank I will be trying to focus more on strictly SPS.

    So now for the goodies I will be running an ATI 36" 6 bulb t5 with my two AI Primes on each ends of the t5s.

    Flow I will use my gyre along with my 2 jaebos.

    I still need to get some rock so I can start the dreaded aquascape. I'll try to update this as best as i can sorry it's so long I'm not good at writing threads on builds.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  2. Likes jrwoltman, Mjl714 liked this post
  3. #2
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sycamore, IL
    Posts
    1,119
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubano32 View Post
    Since Gugsjr upgraded his 120g to a 210g I was lucky enough to buy his old setup.

    I will be upgrading from my 34g deep blue rimless to this massive 120g. This is going to be my biggest tank I have had. So I'm very excited and little nervous at the same time.

    My 34g is mostly a LPS and softie tank with minimal sps. This new tank I will be trying to focus more on strictly SPS.

    So now for the goodies I will be running an ATI 36" 6 bulb t5 with my two AI Primes on each ends of the t5s.

    Flow I will use my gyre along with my 2 jaebos.

    I still need to get some rock so I can start the dreaded aquascape. I'll try to update this as best as i can sorry it's so long I'm not good at writing threads on builds.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    nice. I have always been big fan of that size tank. I'm looking forward to see what you do with it.

  4. Likes Cubano32, jrwoltman, Mjl714 liked this post
  5. #3
    Premium member Cubano32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Romeoville
    Posts
    903
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goat585 View Post
    nice. I have always been big fan of that size tank. I'm looking forward to see what you do with it.
    Thanks I'm looking forward to see what I can do with it also lol

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  6. Likes jrwoltman liked this post
  7. #4
    Premium member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Streamwood
    Posts
    805
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It cleaned up well if you need help with the bean animal setup let me know I'll take a drive.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

  8. Likes Cubano32, jrwoltman liked this post
  9. #5
    Premium member Cubano32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Romeoville
    Posts
    903
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GugsJr View Post
    It cleaned up well if you need help with the bean animal setup let me know I'll take a drive.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Oh I will for sure need some help but just have to order that last few valves and PVC

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  10. Likes jrwoltman liked this post
  11. #6
    Premium member Cubano32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Romeoville
    Posts
    903
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GugsJr View Post
    It cleaned up well if you need help with the bean animal setup let me know I'll take a drive.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    You should see how well the stand cleaned up ..I already put on some coats of black on

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  12. Likes jrwoltman liked this post
  13. #7
    Premium member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Streamwood
    Posts
    805
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You aren't wasting time. You going to do a full cycle or one like I did?

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

  14. Likes Cubano32, jrwoltman liked this post
  15. #8
    Premium member Cubano32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Romeoville
    Posts
    903
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GugsJr View Post
    You aren't wasting time. You going to do a full cycle or one like I did?

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Not to sure on that part yet

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  16. #9
    Premium member Cubano32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Romeoville
    Posts
    903
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finished repainting and resealed the stand today also was able to get another few coats dont on the two sides of the tank

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  17. #10
    Premium member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Streamwood
    Posts
    805
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking good

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

  18. Likes Cubano32 liked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •