Close
Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartanman22 View Post
    Well itís been 4 months since adding berghia nudis and have noticed no impact on aiptasia. Nor have I seen the nudis since adding. Iíve got about 5 peppermints that donít touch it, and just added a matted filefish who hasnít shown any interest yet. Picked up a bottle of aiptasia-x this week as a last resort, but may be looking at a fresh start...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No not again

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rockhead View Post
    No not again
    I donít think the Berghias made it. I saw them at night for a few weeks after introducing them, but havenít seen anything recently. The number of aiptasia does seem to be down a bit but itís hard to tell. Good news is I did see the file fish take a bite out of one yesterday. Not sure if he was going after the aiptasia or trying to get a chunk of mysis that floated into one.

Iím tempted to try some nudis again but not sure if itís worth it. May try and add 10 adults and section off the tank. Or keep them in an acclimation box with small pieces of aiptasia until they are settled well.

Despite the aiptasia the tanks doing really well. Unfortunately the sps are having a hard time encrusting because their bases are surrounded by the pests, but they are growing. I had an all drop recently and after removing the eel, my nutrient supply plummeted. So now that Iíve got more fish and better nutrient input things are returning back to normal coloration.

One of these days Iíll stop being lazy and learn to use my wifeís DSLR and Lightroom. Until then, more iPhone pictures.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry about your battle with aiptasia, they are persistent, aren’t they?!

I was hoping the Berghias would do the trick for you; I’m considering setting up a tank just to farm them to a large enough number to overwhelm the aiptasia in my tank…

I have a filefish that has no problem going after the aiptasia, but also grazes on the LPS and Zoas as soon as the aiptasia gets sparse, but not eradicated. Even with the filefish fat from eating frozen 2X a day, he still felt the need to pick at the LPS and zoa, ended up having to put him in the fuge. Probably would work well in a dedicated SPS tank.

Aiptasia X will take care of it, temporarily, but it will come right back.

No good answers for the Aiptasia.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well itís been 4 months since adding berghia nudis and have noticed no impact on aiptasia. Nor have I seen the nudis since adding. Iíve got about 5 peppermints that donít touch it, and just added a matted filefish who hasnít shown any interest yet. Picked up a bottle of aiptasia-x this week as a last resort, but may be looking at a fresh start...

Do you still have the peppermints in the tank with the nudis? If so, they need to be removed as they will eat the nudis...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goatous View Post
    Sorry about your battle with aiptasia, they are persistent, arenít they?!

I was hoping the Berghias would do the trick for you; Iím considering setting up a tank just to farm them to a large enough number to overwhelm the aiptasia in my tankÖ

I have a filefish that has no problem going after the aiptasia, but also grazes on the LPS and Zoas as soon as the aiptasia gets sparse, but not eradicated. Even with the filefish fat from eating frozen 2X a day, he still felt the need to pick at the LPS and zoa, ended up having to put him in the fuge. Probably would work well in a dedicated SPS tank.

Aiptasia X will take care of it, temporarily, but it will come right back.

No good answers for the Aiptasia.
    Fortunately I donít have any softies or LPS really. Thereís a captain America play colony and a torch, but if he starts nipping Iíll move those to my softie tank.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cment View Post
    Do you still have the peppermints in the tank with the nudis? If so, they need to be removed as they will eat the nudis...
    I do now. I added the berghias and after about two months of no sign of them, or reduction in aiptasia, I called it quits and added the peppermints.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How are the peppermints doing on the aptasia?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far as I can tell nothing. I may try to just go overboard and add like 15 of them. I think part of the problem is I feed well to keep my few fish fat and happy. I think the peppermints are getting too much food and not enticed into eating the aiptasia.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far as I can tell nothing. I may try to just go overboard and add like 15 of them. I think part of the problem is I feed well to keep my few fish fat and happy. I think the peppermints are getting too much food and not enticed into eating the aiptasia.
    Try a copper band? Peps did nothing for me either so I got filefish and a copperband. Havenít seen one in years

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately my tanks only 30 gallons. Too small for a CBB.