Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimatemj View Post
    Tank looks great -

IMO - 3 blocks is overkill - I overdid it with a similar product (400g amount of media on a 75g system) and once it got going I struggled to keep any N03...starved a bunch of corals...and have battled a P04/N03 imbalances. For your size tank 1 is more than enough. Save your money and avoid the headaches.

2 cents~
    Well already bought em but can always return them. Good news is they donít go bad so I can always keep them in the closet for someday when I successfully convince my wife to let me upgrade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went with three because the third compartment is presently packed with LR rubble. I plan to remove all that and didnít want to remove too much

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the way your tank is looking, I wouldn't fret at a bit over taking a cubic foot of LR rubble out of the sump. It's only providing a small percentage of bio-capacity that 1 block will provide. It's really non-intuitive...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the way your tank is looking, I wouldn't fret at a bit over taking a cubic foot of LR rubble out of the sump. It's only providing a small percentage of bio-capacity that 1 block will provide. It's really non-intuitive...
    Appreciate the compliments! The tank is definitely in one of its better stages. Now if only I could find some emeralds that eat bubble algae! Iíll start with one, and either return the other two or just hang onto them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clowns are back to laying regularly. Their last batch of eggs hatched yesterday, and thereís already a new batch today.

6. Likes Mjl714 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regarding the bubble algae, in a tank this size, I would definitely do multiple waves of manual removal before risking a "rouge crab". It's fairly easy to pick them loose and siphon them out...and don't fret over "popping them will spread them". It's way overstated...besides don't crabs or fish eating them "pop them" lol. Just siphon the pieces as best you can. http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2002-02/hcj/feature/

Regarding crabs, you just don't know if they will (i.e. eat sps) or not, and they can be hard to get out! I'm not saying it's a high risk that you will get one that eats coral, just saying it is a real risk.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regarding the bubble algae, in a tank this size, I would definitely do multiple waves of manual removal before risking a "rouge crab". It's fairly easy to pick them loose and siphon them out...and don't fret over "popping them will spread them". It's way overstated...besides don't crabs or fish eating them "pop them" lol. Just siphon the pieces as best you can. http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2002-02/hcj/feature/

Regarding crabs, you just don't know if they will (i.e. eat sps) or not, and they can be hard to get out! I'm not saying it's a high risk that you will get one that eats coral, just saying it is a real risk.
    Iím on the manual removal path now, it just gets annoying! Iím having a hard time getting to several spots as the SPS grow in, and the coral are sick of my hands smashing into them!

Iíve never bought into the whole pooping them spreads spores for the exact example you just gave. It was easier when I didnít have an AIO because Iíd just siphon into my filter sock in my sump. Now itís more of a process or a full water change.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Picked up this today, got some plans brewing for 2019.

10. Thanks Funlad3 thanked for this post
    Likes Funlad3, CienFuegos liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Noticed my RBTA beginning to split today.

12. Likes CienFuegos, Mjl714 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Put my ClearView Lid under the knife last night, and I now finally have the lid I originally requested.

14. Likes Funlad3, Mjl714 liked this post