Close
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Type of algea

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where did you guys get the fluconazole from?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tinman View Post
    its Green Wiry Algae

looks at this

https://www.reefcleaners.org/nuisance-algae-id-guide

other than the clean up crew he mentioned a fox face/ rabbit fish would get rid of it in a few days ..
    Awesome
    I have the same thing in my tank and just picked up a Fox face at aquapros yesterday

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    **Update**
    15 days after dosing with 3 Reef Flux 200mg capsules about 21mg per gallon all Bryopsis is gone and almost all of the gha I had in the tank is gone or is dying. No ill effects seen in the tank so far. Lol I usually do a weekly 20% water change so the tank does look a bit dirty. The only change is lack of algea and my nem has decided to move, unsure if this has anything to do with the treatment. Going to give it 1 more week before doing a water change. Thanks all for your help.IMG_20180403_190637.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

4. Likes madjoe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice ,way to go Dan sounds like you got it d! ked
    Bryan

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's always a nutrient issue. Fish need less food than you think, the Ocean is very nutrient poor and food hard to come by. If you test and see little to no Phosphate or Nitrate that tells you nothing if GHA is growing and sucking it out of the water before you test. Water change, cut feeding in half, pull out what you can, run GFO.

Honestly though, best move I've made in the hobby has been dosing NO3P04-x from Red Sea. Need a sump and skimmer to use, but havent had a problem since. I dont have to run GFO anymore.

But seriously, fish can survive on very little. I have mid size Tomini, Blue, Two Clowns, Mandarin, Diamond Goby, and another one cant remember name of. Usually put in half a cube of PE Mysis a day once in the morning (prob less than that, i rip a small pinch of sheet so am approximating) . Then a small small pinch of pellets at night maybe every other day. If ANY algae shows i cut the pellets and it goes away. They all are doing/growing fine.

John