Close
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    TeamCR
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might be time to upgrade looks like you’re gonna run out of room!

2. Likes ESH liked this post
    Premium member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good point! tank would have to get wider if that was the case. no more wall space, though maybe part of the tank could be peninsula style?

Got my Q tank cleaned up, so I made my rounds to some LFS today, and got all the styrofoam from the tank crate to the Dart recycling center
    -Picked up a Scopas tang from Reef Plus that looked fat, and was half black half yellow. Awesome price too!
    -Found 6 more healthy looking dispair anthias from Reef Wise. Funny story with these. A while back I ordered 10 from liveaquaria, and only 2 made it. Then, I got 6 more from a local shop, and none of them made it more than a few days. Too scrawny, some got sick, others wouldn't eat. These ones looked pretty healthy, Ive already seen them eat frozen. fingers crossed I can get these through quarantine. Also, looks like reefwise is redoing their coral flats again and their SPS system is pretty much cleared out, and moved over to the other flat.
    -Last, stopped by Gingerbread Coral in Naperville, and picked up a sailfin tang they had in one of their frag tanks for over 3 months. This guy is currently hanging out in my frag tank for observation. Of note, if anyone is looking for a fairly unique Tang, they do have a Brown Koi Tang in one of their tanks. It's pretty big, pricy (I think it was 6 or 700 - not as much as what you might find from TSM corals, listing $999+ for theirs). I wasn't sure if they were treating their tanks today or not as many had a yellow tint to them. Either way, cool store, lots of high end shrooms too!

pics to come!

4. Likes Mjl714 liked this post
    Premium member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pictures!
    From the Q tank - everyone made it through the night! The tang is being a bit shy

Juvenile sailfin. Everytime I take the camera out it turns its tail to me or the clowns see me and peck at the glass. I'm not 100% sure if its a pacific or red sea sailfin. Store only had it listed as a sailfin. If I were to guess I'd say red sea based on that the tail has more of a pattern in it.

I feel like the guys from top gear trying to take animal photos as I can't get the photo that Im trying to get

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ESH View Post
    Good point! tank would have to get wider if that was the case. no more wall space, though maybe part of the tank could be peninsula style?

Got my Q tank cleaned up, so I made my rounds to some LFS today, and got all the styrofoam from the tank crate to the Dart recycling center
    -Picked up a Scopas tang from Reef Plus that looked fat, and was half black half yellow. Awesome price too!
    -Found 6 more healthy looking dispair anthias from Reef Wise. Funny story with these. A while back I ordered 10 from liveaquaria, and only 2 made it. Then, I got 6 more from a local shop, and none of them made it more than a few days. Too scrawny, some got sick, others wouldn't eat. These ones looked pretty healthy, Ive already seen them eat frozen. fingers crossed I can get these through quarantine. Also, looks like reefwise is redoing their coral flats again and their SPS system is pretty much cleared out, and moved over to the other flat.
    -Last, stopped by Gingerbread Coral in Naperville, and picked up a sailfin tang they had in one of their frag tanks for over 3 months. This guy is currently hanging out in my frag tank for observation. Of note, if anyone is looking for a fairly unique Tang, they do have a Brown Koi Tang in one of their tanks. It's pretty big, pricy (I think it was 6 or 700 - not as much as what you might find from TSM corals, listing $999+ for theirs). I wasn't sure if they were treating their tanks today or not as many had a yellow tint to them. Either way, cool store, lots of high end shrooms too!

pics to come!
    This day sounds a whole lot better than my trip to home depot for a furnace filter and a door knob. Regarding a wider display tank, may i suggest(predict actually) in two years, the thought of plumbing a 2nd "display" tank in your basement will creep into your mind. Joking, kind of. great set up and thanks for sharing.

Premium member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The funny thing is home depot was on my list of stops but I said nah it can wait till another day. and I could see adding another tank to the basement. I already have the 90 just sitting in my office waiting to either get sold or moved to the basement. Only way it would get plumbed into this tank is if I redid my sump and currently I don't want to go through all of that work.

Premium member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A little bit ago my eclectus floated away. This evening I found it on the other side of the tank, hiding in a corner in between some tank rock work. Seems to be doing ok. I should be able to slide some rocks out of the way and get it in a better spot.

Premium member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    couple of better photos. Moved it out of the cave it was hiding in and remounted more in the open.

Hopefully it takes to the new location!