2 clowns

Grandraymond

Hello all,
Looking at starting at stocking my new Nuvo 16 by innovative-marine, and I would like to start with 2 clown fish. I would also like to get an annome for them to host. So my questions are.

1. Is there a problem with purchasing 2 clowns at once, or any gotcha's that I should watch out for.
2. Hake do you get clowns to host an annome
3. Which type of clowns are the best to buy?

Thanks for all the information.

m.miller1547

This is what I've kinda gone by as far as clowns go. It's better to buy young pairs and they will establish dominance in your tank or buy a larger fish then pair it with a smaller fish later. You risk the dominant fish getting beat up, but they usually work it out. As far as anenomes go you should have a tank atleast 6 months old. If not your parameters must be stable and your lighting sufficient. Wild caught clowns are more likely to be hosted.

madjoe

Premium member
always best to buy at same time. it can be done but risky i did one time had to remove the original from tank and introduce both in a completly seperate tank where no one had territory it worked good. some clowns host on own some dont i was told that u can put nem in small tank or breeder net with clowns and scare em in it . ive heard of people even throwing them into the nem while introducing. seems harsh though lol. my oppinion all clowns have same attitude problems so really best ones to buy r the ones u like the most . just my oppinion though

djgrome

Banned
I would suggest a pair of clarkiis or a true percula
If you want them to host anemone they host mostly
All of them tomatoe clowns as well I have had trouble
Getting regular occelaris to host until I bought a ritteri
Anemone .. As far as anemones go I would say
Bubble tips or long tentical they are less expensive and
Hardier but I would definitely give your tank a good
Six months before adding a anemone if your tank isnt cycled
And have the proper chemicals added otherwise
U will waste your money fast but good luck its easy