93 cube reef

gji

anyone who has one or had one in the past.... I'm looking for advice or any draw backs to owning this tank. Do you regret buying it or would you purchase again. I am down grading from a 180. its to expensive and time consuming to do a reef in the 180. So any advice would help. I know i don't like the height of the stand and no I'am not handy enough to build one, so anyone know of a local builder to build furniture grade stand? any advice on a refugium. TIA

anarchy

The piping that comes with the 93 is trash. Made a toilet flushing noise for me. Could have been the amount of flow I was pushing through it though

wrasse

I have a 93 gallon cube. it's a great tank. I wanted larger, but my new house had the perfect corner space next to my laundry room for the tank. I had a stand built my handyman built it. He had to have one of his buddy help him build it. Look on craigslist you can type in "weld" under services and find some one who could price the job. I am not sure about the final price for my stand, I was having him do other work at the time. He also built a half wall that I could move so the stand looks finished. I would get plans from the internet checkout this site, reefcentral, reef tank others to get plans and dimensions. once built I painted with water proof paint, cheaper than powder coating. The refugium I have is a standard sump and I have an extra 20 gallon plumbed into the system for the refugium.
I am not sure about the cost savings from a 180 to a 90? If you don't mind tell me what costs more for the larger tank?
Thanks