Anyone like to sail?

Cecily

I've always wanted to, since I was a kid. We had a summer house in Michigan City.. and when we would go to the beach there was always this small sailboat on the beach.. we always played on it and pretended we were sailing. Lol.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Cub21rak

Lol sailing is fun. I wasn't sure I'd like it cause I've had two runabouts before this. But when the sails are up and your traveling cost free from using only the wind it's a great experience.

Lil BamBam

Premium member
Sailing is so relaxing and fun trying to catch the wind!!! Also to see the sunset is just priceless IMO

failnomicon

I wish i had the funds to get a boat but they are like large holes you thrown $ into..... not so unlike a reef tank :(

Also even though i have done a small amount of sailing when i was younger i could never get over the fear that if the wind is blowing out i will never be able to get the boat back in... i know i know you just angle it in ect.... but i just have this irrational fear that i'm forced to go in the direction the wind blows me :)

m.miller1547

Jet ski is where its at. Some sailboats have a little motor for trolling. I suspect this would be a last resort in a calm day. Sailing in a 22 footer on a choppy day is fun if you have strong stomach. ;)

Cub21rak

Jet skiing is awesome, doing that next week. I think choppiness is fun but not all do. Mine only has a 6 hp motor on it just enough to get in and out of marina. The larger ones in my brand of boat have larger motors like 59 hp. Enough to even do tubing while the sails are down. A great option to have.