Apex WAV Dual Pumps - Neptune Systems

Pawel

Premium member
Anyone ever used Apex pumps on a 4-foot tank? Would you recommend switching from gyres to Apex pumps?

Sawdonkey

Premium member
Anyone ever used Apex pumps on a 4-foot tank? Would you recommend switching from gyres to Apex pumps?
I have a six ft tank, Yes, I use two of these and like them. The fact that they plug right into apex and don’t take up outlets is nice. They are highly programmable through your apex too. I’ve had mine for nearly two years and no issues. They do push quite a bit less water when they need to be cleaned, but that’s true for all pumps.

I also run a gyre to really move water, but the WAVs really help to randomize the flow. I think two WAVs are a great choice for a 4 ft tank, especially if you already have the APEX.

Pawel

Premium member
I have a six ft tank, Yes, I use two of these and like them. The fact that they plug right into apex and don’t take up outlets is nice. They are highly programmable through your apex too. I’ve had mine for nearly two years and no issues. They do push quite a bit less water when they need to be cleaned, but that’s true for all pumps.

I also run a gyre to really move water, but the WAVs really help to randomize the flow. I think two WAVs are a great choice for a 4 ft tank, especially if you already have the APEX.
My tank is 30% SPS and 70% LPS. I do believe that that need more of a pulsing mode. I can't do that with gyres.

fishyfish22

Premium member
I have 4 in my 8 foot. Its overkill but I like the mix of flow front and back. They push a lot of water, most I run is about 30%, the programming is tricky at first but when you get the hang of it its a breeze

Sawdonkey

Premium member
I run mine at 100% during the day and go through a few of the different modes. They go down to about 30% at night.