ATO Auto Top Off Container

wrasse

Anyone have any ideas for an auto top off container that is an irregular size?
I have a space that is 9x18 (i may be able to do 9 1/2 by 18) to place my ATO container under my stand.
The 10 gallon trigger and eshopps ato containers are listed at 10 x 16
Any ideas would be great.

Mjl714

I have a couple of ATO acrylic tanks from Advanced Acrylics. One is a 2'x2'x4.5", and fits behind tank, pretty nice. The other is very close to the size you seek, and was one of their standard offerings.

oceanfreak09

Is the space where you want your top off container to go a straight shot in front of a door? How accessible is the space? This can affect the size of the container that is proper. I would get a piece of cardboard and make a box the size you think will fit and see if you can get it into its spot. (as a dry run) before you find or buy a container that might not fit. I say this because sometimes we think we have enough room for something but in our confined spaces we are not able to fit it because the sump ,plumbing or some other obstacle is in the way. Just trying to save you a headache later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Mjl714

Is the space where you want your top off container to go a straight shot in front of a door? How accessible is the space? This can affect the size of the container that is proper. I would get a piece of cardboard and make a box the size you think will fit and see if you can get it into its spot. (as a dry run) before you find or buy a container that might not fit. I say this because sometimes we think we have enough room for something but in our confined spaces we are not able to fit it because the sump ,plumbing or some other obstacle is in the way. Just trying to save you a headache later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great point, just because the measurements fit, doesn't mean you can get the tank into the spot if other things are already in place.