ATO Problems on RKE

Spartanman22

Hey everyone,

I'm having some issues with my ATO program on my RKE. I just moved my tank and when I got it to the new place I plugged everything in and didn't change any of the programming, but now once the ATO is triggered by the float switch and the pump turns on it won't turn off. Whether the float switch is closed, or the time limit set into the program is exceeded, or whether I manually turn off the channel the pump keeps going. The only way to stop it is to unplug it. The sl1 is working and recognizes when the switch is open and closed, and the pc1 that it is plugged into is working with the sl1 and when the switch is closed it shuts that channel off (blue light for channel two goes out) but the pump keeps going. I've tried multiple outlets across 3 pc's and the same issue keeps happening.

tinman

Try resetting it to factory and do them all again

Rkl does that when cables are unplugged with out turning it off IMO

EricTheRed

No, I'm not a communist..
I had a similar issue and found on the DA boards that since the pump I used for the ATO (Tom Aqualifter) used so little electricity to run it that the only place it should be plugged into was the 1st plug on the PC4. Not sure what kind of pump you're using but maybe you're having a similar issue trying to plug it into a PC1 which is meant for heavy duty equipment like lights or chillers.

Spartanman22

I was using an aqua lifter as well, however before I moved the tank the ATO was setup on the third outlet and when I moved the tank I setup the same without changing any of the programs around or anything. It just seems weird that it would have just stopped working

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

SkullV

It's an intermittant thing. Sometimes my old LED fixture would draw enough to be used on outlets 2/3 sometimes it wouldn't. With something that can crash a tank like an ATO, I always use outlets 1/4.