• No

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Depends on format

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GugsJr

TeamCR
Just a simple poll questions of how many of you would be interested in Auctions for corals and equipment from our sponosors?

This poll will run for 30 days.

If you'd like to post the reason you voted for what you did feel free, or any ideas. Also would be nice to hear from the sponsors as well.

Sawdonkey

Premium member
Somewhat interested, but I usually only buy equipment when I need it. The likelihood of something being auctioned at the exact time I need it is low.

I’d be interested in coral auctions, but would need to be a serious discount to market price to peak my interests. Also, I’m unlikely to get in my car or pay for shipping if just buying one or two pieces. Now, If Sonny (Raising Reefs) wanted to put his pieces up for auction at a discount to regular prices, I’d raise an eyebrow!

By the way, I never log in to CR on a computer, so I cannot vote.

Mjl714

Somewhat interested, but I usually only buy equipment when I need it. The likelihood of something being auctioned at the exact time I need it is low.

I’d be interested in coral auctions, but would need to be a serious discount to market price to peak my interests. Also, I’m unlikely to get in my car or pay for shipping if just buying one or two pieces. Now, If Sonny (Raising Reefs) wanted to put his pieces up for auction at a discount to regular prices, I’d raise an eyebrow!

By the way, I never log in to CR on a computer, so I cannot vote.
Sawdonkeys comments (equipment, corals and shipping, etc.) really ring true for me as well.

pscheel

Not a fan , but I would prefer timed auctions over live auctions if needed. I'm not a fan of sitting in front of a keyboard hitting refresh ever few seconds to bid on corals.

ESH

Premium member
Not sure. I know this site gets traffic, but are we at the point for auctions? Maybe it will help it pick up additional traffic and more hobbiests? Can't hurt.

I've been observing facebook auctions but not really into the format. Takes too much time from my day, and have bid on a few through some sites and won 1 or 2 in the past but most of it seemed like a waste of time, and then have spent too much on the fastest one to checkout live sales wins. Personally Im Starting to prefer working with select dealers, with preference towards local reefers, or to pick up coral at shows.

GugsJr

TeamCR
Not a fan , but I would prefer timed auctions over live auctions if needed. I'm not a fan of sitting in front of a keyboard hitting refresh ever few seconds to bid on corals.
We were thinking a 1 day format. Where people can go in and place a bid.

Not sure. I know this site gets traffic, but are we at the point for auctions? Maybe it will help it pick up additional traffic and more hobbiests? Can't hurt.

I've been observing facebook auctions but not really into the format. Takes too much time from my day, and have bid on a few through some sites and won 1 or 2 in the past but most of it seemed like a waste of time, and then have spent too much on the fastest one to checkout live sales wins. Personally Im Starting to prefer working with select dealers, with preference towards local reefers, or to pick up coral at shows.
We have a lot of views not everyone posts. We are also going to make them WYSIWYG format as well.