Brand new build 60 Gallon Build

Chase_The_Reefer

Hi I wanted to start a new thread so people would not get confused with my other build the 20 Inv marine tank. This build is a 60 gallon cube so 24 by 24 by 24. I have some stuff ready and some stuff not I have decided I am going to do sand. I have a stand and canopy and will be using 2 mp1s for flow. I want to continue with my mixed reef as I will be adding everything from the 20 gallon to the 60. I don't want to spend to much more on lighting I have ready have a hydra 26 hd but I think I will need to sad something so that I can continue to have success with the higher light coral. I already have a pair of clownfish that will be entering this tank but I looking for some inspiration for some reef safe fish to add. I also am thinking about getting a custom scape from Aquarocks. I suck at rock scapes and feel with the nice holes of the Aquarocks that make it easy to just drop in corals for easy placement. Anyways lmk what you guys think?

Chase_The_Reefer

I Actually was very inspired by your post and how your tank came out and thats how I discovered Aquarocks and I will probably be contacting them soon.

Chase_The_Reefer

What do you guys think I should do for lighting? I already have a 26hd I want to incorporate that into the lighting. The tank dimensions 24by24by24

Funlad3

What do you guys think I should do for lighting? I already have a 26hd I want to incorporate that into the lighting. The tank dimensions 24by24by24
Could you get another 26 or upgrade to the 52 or 56? Either route should cover well. :)

Chase_The_Reefer

Will the addition of 2 T5 bulbs be enough along with 26HD? I really want to focus on high par I would like to get the acro areas to 250-350.

Funlad3

Will the addition of 2 T5 bulbs be enough along with 26HD? I really want to focus on high par I would like to get the acro areas to 250-350.
The T5s will definitely get you more coverage and fill in shadows, but I'd personally shoot for a second 26. You might even be able to get away with two Primes and some T5s, but you're going to drop off towards the edges with only one LED unit.

Chase_The_Reefer

Almost finished painting the stand now I got a problem I want to go with the Fiji 20 cube sump but I have no way of fitting it in the stand the stand space inside is 24 by 24 but the door is only 13wide so that won’t fit through any suggestions on what I should do? Thinking of tearing the back of the stand but I don’t want to weaken the stand

tinman

may be a late reply ..

as for lighting i use a Radion Gen 4 pro also, serves well .. my tank foot print is 24x24.

you can use 26HD as well if you hang it up high enough and run at higher intensity.

Chase_The_Reefer

may be a late reply ..

as for lighting i use a Radion Gen 4 pro also, serves well .. my tank foot print is 24x24.

you can use 26HD as well if you hang it up high enough and run at higher intensity.
I can’t get any higher in intensity lol I cook my nano tank idk what par I get on my acros but I bet is is really high

tinman

I can’t get any higher in intensity lol I cook my nano tank idk what par I get on my acros but I bet is is really high
Its not just about intensity :) i also said raise it higher to provide coverage for 24x24
When you raise it higher the par drops and would need increase in intensity to make up for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk