Chicago Reefs 2nd annual cookout EXTRAVAGANZA!

November 17th, 2012

• 3rd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10th

• 17th

• 24th

• Total voters

Joe5688

Chicago Reefs 2nd annual cookout EXTRAVAGANZA! Nov 17th

Addison, il 60101

Pm/text me for exact address

Contact me with questions

November 17th 3pm. 2pm Reefwise visit

Bbq/mini swap

$10 frag grab bag

There will be a PIF section. Bring a pif, get a pif.

Current donations:

Chicago Reefs- gift certificates and t-shirts!
Reefwise- Gift certificates!
Reef City Aquatics- Gift Certificates!

People were complaining about prices at the swap and that there weren't enough reefers selling items so i figured lets have a mini swap. We will have tanks set up so people can bring frags from their tanks to sell.

We will also probably be making a run to a lfs. I have xzotic, advanced, aquapros, and beyond the reef within 15mins from me.

I'm planning to grill so If everyone can bring a food or drink that would be awesome. We may even have a raffle.

With this being a members event there should be a ton of awesome stock

What else do u guys want?

For sure coming:

Me: 30g tank for frags, plates, napkins, beer, pizza
Walt: 30g tank for frags, caramel cakes, fresca's
Nate: heat packs, power strips, light, Raffle tickets
frostyjay+1: chips and dogs
Brett: frag rack, heater, pulled pork
Dre: carne asada & light
ETR: Tequila and potato salad
Dave: Pending
Scotty: Cups, Holder? lol
M.Miller- beer and snacks
Catalano+1- burgers,buns,cheese,water,and some kind of dessert
Dan- Pending-
William Lutman- MEAT!
Unico- Pending
Noob & supetchargedgp: dogs, chips and ice
Steve +1- Beer
Capysolo+1:
Georgebeard:

bringing frags to sell:

Walt

Any questions contact me, walt, dave, or Herbie.

Joe5688

Bring your wifes, dogs, gfs, bfs what ever. I have a caged in backyard and my garage is heated.

Cubbies

This sounds like lots of fun. But one thing in my opinion is there is way too much you want to do. You're basically wanting to throw a swap at your house + food + a run to an LFS. I'm already exhausted and haven't done anything. :p I think you should just make it like a get together have a good time and have some food. Again this is just an opinion with no offense trying to be given. It sounds all in all. I'll definitely keep my eye open on this thread.

Joe5688

The way i see it there isn't going to be crazy amounts of stuff lol people can just check out what's for sale and eat and drink. Not like madness at the swap. And i was thinking lfs before the meet. Its not like u can't check out what's fs while ur hanging out and therr isn't gonna be a line of people. I don't expect that many people to show up lol.

I appreciate your opinion, I'll def think about it.

capysolo

I'd consider going if I don't have any family plans... I'd probably also be able to bring my voicebox (wife) ;)

Joe5688

Bring her, my gf needs to meet new friends lol.

I expect the top 10 to be at this event. No excuses, i don't care if ur from Japan Indiana or Germany Wisconsin!

Lol, walt what were all the plans/ideas we talked about in the chat. I forgot already
Well...

We could do a raffle of donated items from an LFS.
Someone can donate dry goods, a frag pack or a frag of something pretty nice.
Create a list of items needed for the cookout, and volunteers can pick and choose what they will bring. (Burgers, Polishes, Caramel Cake, Forks, Buns, Potato Salad, Steaks, Condiments, Lube, Chips, Sodas, Summer Shandy, Jack Daniels, etc.)
Poker or spades game.
Visit a local LFS as a group prior to the cookout.
Frag Grab Bag. Everyone bring a frag and you get to draw a number and pick a bag with the corresponding number. The more frags you bring, the more numbers you get to draw.
Pajama Party.

I could go on and one....but you get the ideal.

Joe5688

I was just telling jay this is a "meet who u talk to every day kind of swap. Only cr members are being invited. Chance to sell frags to people who don't want to drive all over lol.

capysolo

is your picture from tail of the dragon?... well cruising the mountains? looks familiar lol
Blue Ridge Parkway actually, but good eye! It was taken on my trip to the tail. One of my all time favorite photos. Too bad it wasn't taken on my current bike...

capysolo

Well...

We could do a raffle of donated items from an LFS.
Someone can donate dry goods, a frag pack or a frag of something pretty nice.
Create a list of items needed for the cookout, and volunteers can pick and choose what they will bring. (Burgers, Polishes, Caramel Cake, Forks, Buns, Potato Salad, Steaks, Condiments, Lube, Chips, Sodas, Summer Shandy, Jack Daniels, etc.)
Poker or spades game.
Visit a local LFS as a group prior to the cookout.
Frag Grab Bag. Everyone bring a frag and you get to draw a number and pick a bag with the corresponding number. The more frags you bring, the more numbers you get to draw.
Pajama Party.

I could go on and one....but you get the ideal.
If I come I could bring a bunch of stuff that's just laying around. Hell, everyone could bring something. Could have a big PIF pile.