CO2 tank, will this work?

RedDevil.258

Most shop that sell CO2 won't refill a bottle on site they will take your brand new bottle and swap it with a full bottle all busted up. I made this mistake, so I traded a fellow reefer (LFS) that had an extra old empty bottle, for my new shiny one for store credit. I took his to a CO2 place and the swapped the empty for a full one.

gig

Most shop that sell CO2 won't refill a bottle on site they will take your brand new bottle and swap it with a full bottle all busted up. I made this mistake, so I traded a fellow reefer (LFS) that had an extra old empty bottle, for my new shiny one for store credit. I took his to a CO2 place and the swapped the empty for a full one.
right, that's why I'm looking for a cheap one, $67 isn't bad, I looked yesterday on RC, couldn't find any I wanted, but you are 100% right, they will take the brand new shiny one and swap it out....doh

RedDevil.258

Do you know/ have a place to buy CO2 from? If you know where one is already maybe you can ask how much to buy a bottle from them? Might be the same as buying an empty bottle.

RedDevil.258

right, that's why I'm looking for a cheap one, $67 isn't bad, I looked yesterday on RC, couldn't find any I wanted, but you are 100% right, they will take the brand new shiny one and swap it out....doh
Yes $67 buck ain't to bad. Most new aluminum bottles are around $70 bucks.

gig

Do you know/ have a place to buy CO2 from? If you know where one is already maybe you can ask how much to buy a bottle from them? Might be the same as buying an empty bottle.
was talking to matt yesterday, he said they charge a ridiculous amount for a filled one that you aren't trading for (like $140 or something), so you are best to find a used one as they wont fill it.

gig

Yes $67 buck ain't to bad. Most new aluminum bottles are around $70 bucks.
even the 10 lb one at PA is $89, but at least you get no tax and free shipping. I checked the one form the site above would be nearl $82 shipped. maybe I can dig around for a site that has free shipping...

DD

"Rambo"
I have a co2 tank for my planted tank that I get refilled at this place off of Rohlwing and North Avenue. They refill fire extinguishers and stuff. If you buy a new co2 bottle and bring it in to them, they'll pressure test it, then fill it for you.

Here is where I bought mine from http://www.beveragefactory.com/draftbeer/tanks/co2/C10.shtml

If you buy if from the place that I'm referring to, they charge a whole lot more for their tanks. But they will refill yours for you. Here is a link to their contact page. http://www.illinoisfire.com/contact.html

DD

"Rambo"
Ohhh that's cool wish I still had my nice new one!!
When I first was setting up a co2 system on my planted, I called all around my area and couldn't find anyone to refill it. Airgas quoted me a price that was so high I just uncontrollably started laughing at them! I checked out some of the home brewing forums and they all mentioned illinoisfire.com so I gave them a call and they said they have lots of people come in to get their cylinders filled for the old kegerator lol!