Dosing pump/doser

gji

I'm looking to buy a doser that's not the top of the line i.e. GHL, I'm sure there is a reliable doser out there that won't break the bank. I was surprised my well know LFS recommend a jebao. I'm willing to spend a little more money for peace of mind. What's everybody's thoughts, recommendations, horror stories or personal reviews? My tank is mixed reef, so can't really justify a calcium reactor in my opinion. TIA

madjoe

Premium member
Brs is most accurate imo . But u need a controller to use them timers work but not as good as a controller. I hated the bubble magus one and marine magic or what ever they were called always failed and dumped the whole container in on few people i know . They r using the jeabo now and all r happy with it so far none had it dump on them

fishtank44

I am using jebao pp4 ordered brand new one in 6 months working perfectly no problem. Also got extra pump in the box for replace.

goatous

I just got the Jebao DP-4 and the price was definitely right, $69 delivered from Amazon. Easy to calibrate, fairly easy to program. Quiet enough but I can still just hear it run, which is nice as I've been monitoring it. I hope it holds up, time will tell.

Good luck!

RuNvS

I use a BRS doser for Kalk, I have the doser connected to my apex and tied to my PH to keep my PH at a constant 8.25-8.30 works great.