Exotic Aquatics (Lake in the Hills)

Funlad3

After plans gone awry this evening, my dad and I ended up at Exotic Aquatics in Lake in the Hills. After driving through a quarry that I was expecting to find a body in, we found the seemingly small store. Right to the left of the door, there's the cleanest looking live rock tank I've ever seen. All along the left wall, there are the tidiest fish holding tanks that I've seen of any store. All of the fish were healthy, zipping around, and interacting with each other and their surroundings. The coral is entirely housed in three shallow acrylic tanks in the middle of the store, and they're lit entirely by Radions. The coral is mostly SPS, but LPS are well stocked, and there are a fair amount of softies, too. There were some zoas, but I wouldn't make a trip out there if you're looking for them exclusively.

I picked up some awesome corals at awesome prices, and I can't wait to be back. Because I will happily make that trip whenever my wallet allows. :)

EricTheRed

No, I'm not a communist..
Yeah, I've been going there for years. I've always had very good success with their fish. Corals and fish are all 25% off this month. They tend to move more sps & lps like mentioned above and the prices are competitive. (Althought they are not in-tune with the price of RBTA's, for some strange reason.) They have a table with sps frags that are supposed to be $29.99 per frag but they've been selling them for YEARS at $9.99. I think at this point it is more of a running joke about the sale that never ends :) They are selling 3 for the price of 2 of their $9.99 frags this month. I have several of their $9.99 acros that are still in my tank competing with some of my LE/High-End sticks for sexiness.

Funlad3

Totally worth a drive out! There were some nice Rainbow Montis there, and those are the LEAST of the SPS! :D

Lmecher

I made the trip to Exotic Aquatics Saturday. I picked up a trio of dispar anthias. The staff was knowledgeable and friendly. The store and tanks all looked clean and tidy. I will definitely go back, it was worth the trip.

SMACKERS4

just stopped in there on sat. They close at 6 but i got there at 6:10, the young lady let me in anyhow as she was already helping another customer after hours. i was there mainly for zoas. it seems they had quite a bit of their own as well as some guy was JUST in there the day before and traded a TON of frags. they had a special going that gave you 1 free frag with the purchase of 3 @$10.00, as she was helping me select some colorful frags, she offered me 1 more free frag in addition to the first free fra, all in all, nice clean place, nice coral selection, pricing was easily distinguishable, and i got an extra frag for free. My tank is currently in the process of being broken down to set up my 110, so luckily my cousin-in-law is holding what little soft coral i have in his nano until my tank is up and running, win/win if you ask me, hopefully they will spread onto his rock and he will get some nice zoas for helping me out.

5 frags of zoas for 30.00, not bad

#theMatrix

Odd....i went to what google maps had as exotic aquatics on randall amd the place wasnt there drove around a bit the area and it obviously wasnt the right address.

....current adress as OP?

Captain

Odd....i went to what google maps had as exotic aquatics on randall amd the place wasnt there drove around a bit the area and it obviously wasnt the right address.

....current adress as OP?
Exotic Aquatics
9114 Virgina Rd.
Lake In The Hills, Il.

PHONE
847-854-6154