Garf bonsai keeps spreading. How to stop it??

ninjamyst

Premium member
My garf bonsai keeps spreading and slowly killing my other corals, including other acros. Any way to keep it from spreading??? I didn't know it's going to behave like a encrusting monti! It's not going vertical, just spread and spread.

oceanfreak09

My garf bonsai keeps spreading and slowly killing my other corals, including other acros. Any way to keep it from spreading??? I didn't know it's going to behave like a encrusting monti! It's not going vertical, just spread and spread.
A lot of acros like to lay skin before branching. It’s the nature of the beast!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ninjamyst

Premium member
OK I talked to an acro master, He said you must have really high flow, is that true?

yup, really high flow and really high light. the sucker is right under a Kessil AP700 and getting direct flow from Maxspect Gyre. Should I just superglue the edges to stop it from spreading?

oceanfreak09

yup, really high flow and really high light. the sucker is right under a Kessil AP700 and getting direct flow from Maxspect Gyre. Should I just superglue the edges to stop it from spreading?
He said it’s trying to grow away from the flow! Cut a Frag off and spread kalk paste on unwanted skin. Make sure you have all powerheads turned off. Then reglue Frag in less flow on its own rock.

ninjamyst

Premium member
He said it’s trying to grow away from the flow! Cut a Frag off and spread kalk paste on unwanted skin. Make sure you have all powerheads turned off. Then reglue Frag in less flow on its own rock.

lol but it's an acro!! they like high flow. hahah. i will turn down the flow a bit.

- - - Updated - - -

lol but it's an acro!! they like high flow. hahah. i will turn down the flow a bit.

oceanfreak09

- - - Updated - - -

That should help. Lol

ninjamyst

Premium member
One of my favorite sps! I’ll gladly take a flat piece lol.
I have a frag of it that spread all over the frag rack. If I can get it off in one piece, it's yours! Will let you know next weekend. Just be careful where you put it...hahahha

shift9k

I have a frag of it that spread all over the frag rack. If I can get it off in one piece, it's yours! Will let you know next weekend. Just be careful where you put it...hahahha
Uhhh... yes

Thank you!

Possibly more than one transaction if you're game.