Good idea or bad idea?

Malex530

Hello everyone!

I am in the process of starting a reef tank, I've been doing tons of research on an affordable way to start. Someone on craigslist is offering a 40 gallon cube tank, with the sump, equipment, coral and live rock for 400. He is selling an entire 1700 dollar system for 400. Does anyone have any input on whether or not its a good idea to buy it like that, or do it all myself?

Cubano32

Premium member
Hello everyone!

I am in the process of starting a reef tank, I've been doing tons of research on an affordable way to start. Someone on craigslist is offering a 40 gallon cube tank, with the sump, equipment, coral and live rock for 400. He is selling an entire 1700 dollar system for 400. Does anyone have any input on whether or not its a good idea to buy it like that, or do it all myself?
Well depending on what equipment he has I wouldn't say it's a 1700 system but seems like a good price for what you are getting. I also have a tank I'm selling if interested

It's a 34g Deep blue rimless tank with stand
Also comes with sump, return pump, and light, and rocks

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

goat585

Administrator
Hello everyone!

It really depends on the brand of the equipment, condition, what livestock there is. It could be a great deal or a really bad one. If its turnkey the price is probably fair. I'd ask a lot of questions is the details aren't in the post..

Malex530

Well depending on what equipment he has I wouldn't say it's a 1700 system but seems like a good price for what you are getting. I also have a tank I'm selling if interested

It's a 34g Deep blue rimless tank with stand
Also comes with sump, return pump, and light, and rocks

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

PM sent