Help

Randomly losing fish after a month or so... water change every 2 weeks, tested weekly... not a new tank, dose copper( tested), some dont make it all but a week.. confused on what may be wrong.. any advice

Mooney190

Got any pictures of the fish? If it's disease there should be some signs of infection. Also, if it's a long standing tank, make sure all your electronic components are okay. I have heard of old power heads/pumps ect., Sending electric shocks through the water, which will kill fish in a few days

wrasse

Randomly losing fish after a month or so... water change every 2 weeks, tested weekly... not a new tank, dose copper( tested), some dont make it all but a week.. confused on what may be wrong.. any advice
Is this a qt? Check electrical, and like Joe said ammonia and little info?
More info

Ammonia 0 nitrate 0... dosing copper level 1.5... all other fish are healthy and alive, its any new addition seems to die

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Illinijoe

TeamCR
Ammonia 0 nitrate 0... dosing copper level 1.5... all other fish are healthy and alive, its any new addition seems to die

what does dosing copper mean? Do the fish live in copper permanently? Some fish don't react well to being placed in copper.

Yes I previously have added copper to get rid of ich... now i have carbon in there to strip it out.. but it is a fowlr so i treated whole tank

madjoe

Premium member
Start dipping the dead bodies and live fish in fw dips maybe flukes 1.5 copper is low even sensitive fish should be ok cuprisorb works better then carbon
To remove heavy metals

- - - Updated - - -

Also i believe amonia test dont work so acurate with copper levels

wrasse

Whats a way to check if electrical leakage is in the tank? With my hand?

Get a ground for the tank they sell at aquapros, probably BRS, you may have hard time finding current but bars on your info it sounds like a possibility.

Thats what i was thinking too is possible stray voltage especially with my jabeo powerheads and things like that

See whats funny is 1.5 copper isnt bad but i was told by one place to add more and another said 1 will kill all my fish, i said explain why theres 5 living in there then? Lol

Illinijoe

TeamCR
See whats funny is 1.5 copper isnt bad but i was told by one place to add more and another said 1 will kill all my fish, i said explain why theres 5 living in there then? Lol

What kind of copper are you using chelated or ionic?