How long

markzydek1

I just put my first two fish in my 125 gallon Tank Red Ruby dragonet and a geometric flame basslet how long should I wait to feed them some say right away some say wait a day what are your opinions

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Mr. Thingdoer

I love the Ruby Red Dragonet, and I did a little research on them after I saw one at Wojtek's. Other reefers report that they'll refuse to eat for a few days after you bring them home. They typically only accept live foods (mostly copepods), although some can be trained to eat frozen. It seems like training will require some effort, and you'll have better success that way, rather than just broadcast feeding and hoping that they'll start eating frozen foods. They seem to have the same diet, and requirements as a Mandarin. I've always added fish at lights out, then attempted to feed them the next day.

markzydek1

I didn't know that wojtek had one it must have been in his display change I look I'm waiting for him to call me I ordered some lights from him it should be coming any day now thanks for the advice on the dragonet

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

ninjamyst

Premium member
did they go through QT or straight to your display from store? For finnicky eaters, people recommend QT to train them to eat frozen. In a large size tank and if you have other fish already, they may not be able to compete for food.