How to use the forum option to post pictures in your thread

Emisis

It seems there are issues for some folks who want to post pictures in their thread but do not understand how to do it. Hopefully I can make this a little easier with a tutorial of sorts using the available option in the message box. You might have to re-size your image due to posting size limits, I use paint to do this.

Select "insert Image" Icon

View attachment 6436

Insert Image Box will pop up, choose "from computer"

View attachment 6437

Then choose "Select Files"

View attachment 6438

When you choose "Select Files" another box will appear. Locate your file, most of mine are saved in my "Pictures"

View attachment 6439

Choose your picture and it will be listed in the "File Name" and then click the "Open" button.

View attachment 6440

Your file will appear in the "Insert Image" box and is ready to upload. Click "Upload File(s)"

View attachment 6441

The file will then show up in your message as shown if done correctly

Emisis

To Resize you picture

To re-size your picture to fit with-in the forum limits. I use MS Paint and it works easy enough.

Select your picture and select the "Open" drop down and select "Paint"

View attachment 6443

Picture that was selected and size

View attachment 6444

Select "Resize"

View attachment 6445

Pop-up Select "Pixels"

View attachment 6446

Change pixel size

View attachment 6447

Click the "x" in the upper right of the Paint and it will ask if you would like to save changes select "Save"

View attachment 6448

Photo after re-size that will fit nicely in your forum post

View attachment 6449

Emisis

Thank you Herbie.

I should mention this is for uploading from your own computer. If you use Photo Bucket you need to use the URL option to do essentially the same thing.

I also understand there are MANY more ways to do this, BUT this is the way I chose and choose to do this.

Emisis

How to change your Profile Picture

It is basically the same as adding a picture to your thread except it has to be pretty small.

Settings (Main Banner top right)

View attachment 6491

My Settings: "Edit Profile Picture" (Left hand side banner)

View attachment 6492

Decide whether you want to upload from a source like Photo bucket or upload from your computer

NOTE: Size of picture is pretty small MAX IMAGE SIZE 100x100 Pixels OR 64.0kb

View attachment 6493

If you choose "Browse" it will pop up another box like adding a photo to your thread

View attachment 6494

Either way you choose to change your photo you will most likely have to re-size it to fit the "Icon" limit. Refer to the MS Paint "How to Re-Size your Image" This is where using the "pixel" change in paint works really well.