I’m looking to step up my Photography game

Chase_The_Reefer

With the holidays around the corner and a flourishing tank I want to increase the detail and quality of my photography game so I’m looking for recommendations on what cameras everyone’s uses I’m looking to buy a New Dlsr. I’ve watched all Tidal gardens videos of photography of corals and so I might just buy one of the begginer cameras they have recommended but I’m not sure and wanted to get some feedback on what everyone has. I have a budget of around 500-1000 flexible for the total setup so keep that in mind if you want to recommend a 5grand camera lol

98silverado

I haven’t used it yet for any coral but I picked up a canon rebel 6 and I think for two lenses, two batteries and a case was like 400 or so from Best Buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

98silverado

Will do. I’ll try and get some tonight of the aptasia I have at least lmao

Cubano32

Premium member
So I have an old cannon to which is over 10 plus years old with normal lens no macro lens and these are some pics I took with it

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

fishyfish22

Premium member
I picked up the Cannon T7 from Costco, it cost about 500 and it came with a macro lens. I can upload some pics I took in a bit (my build thread is severely behind)
I'm planning on getting a 100mm macro lens down the road too, but it'll cost as much as the camera.

Jep21

I have a canon dslr that I use but just use my phone for taking photos of my tank and fish with phone camera lens..

My results that I usually get

Chase_The_Reefer

that looks nice, I can get nice clear images with my phone when Im close like 2-3 inches max but the second I need to zoom the photo gets so grainy and I would like to be able to take more detailed photos

fishyfish22

Premium member
that looks nice, I can get nice clear images with my phone when Im close like 2-3 inches max but the second I need to zoom the photo gets so grainy and I would like to be able to take more detailed photos
For phone you can start off with the clip on lens kit, most include a macro lens that is good for close up pics.