Interceptor for Red Bugs

sk8elenex92

Premium member
I got bit by the bug. I am pretty sure I have red bugs on some of my acros now. My strawberry shortcake started to look like crap recently so I started starring very closely at all my acros and I have definitely notices some little bugs on couple of them. I have also noticed lack of PE on some of them. Would they irritate my digi as well or only acros? I am pretty damn sure I know who I got them from.

Does any one have a pill of Interceptor???? Looks like I can buy a whole pack online but its 50$. Or any one willing to split a pack?

jrwoltman

I do not believe he is a user here. He is a big time user of Facebook though. Im no RAT hahhahah.
If someone is selling coral on any site, including this one, that is infested with red bugs or any other parasites for that matter, I think you should let the community know, so that we can avoid having to deal with it. It doesn't make you a rat when you are saving someone's tank. Just my two cents...

sk8elenex92

Premium member
Lol. I know bud. I've already told Joe and some others. But if you want to know PM Me so I don't put them on blast.

madjoe

Premium member
If someone is selling coral on any site, including this one, that is infested with red bugs or any other parasites for that matter, I think you should let the community know, so that we can avoid having to deal with it. It doesn't make you a rat when you are saving someone's tank. Just my two cents...
Its hard to point fingers specially when u dont know for sure it sucks to be wrongfully blamed believe me i know people were blaming me for aefw when it was somebody else on here giving em to people and because i had the smaller tank and less money i was automatically blamed then 6 people got aefw and i only sold to three but the other richer guy sold to all six . So i agree dont say name on here because theres no way to prove for a fact unless u dip the coral and see it right after buying just my two cents people work hard for good reputations to have em blemished by a maybe is not cool just dip your stuff get freah cut frags from the tips of the corals and qt if your that worried . The good news is red bugs isnt even that bad and easily fixed

jrwoltman

Its hard to point fingers specially when u dont know for sure it sucks to be wrongfully blamed believe me i know people were blaming me for aefw when it was somebody else on here giving em to people and because i had the smaller tank and less money i was automatically blamed then 6 people got aefw and i only sold to three but the other richer guy sold to all six . So i agree dont say name on here because theres no way to prove for a fact unless u dip the coral and see it right after buying just my two cents people work hard for good reputations to have em blemished by a maybe is not cool just dip your stuff get freah cut frags from the tips of the corals and qt if your that worried . The good news is red bugs isnt even that bad and easily fixed
Joe, I respectfully disagree with you. If you are certain that a person gave you some parasite, then you should call them out on it for the sake of other members. A community should watch out for each other, there are too many unscrupulous people out there who could give a crap about other people's tanks.

sk8elenex92

Premium member
I can't be 100% sure who I got them from but the last acros I put in my tank were all from him. And it was about 10 acros. I dip everything but don't always check the dip for bugs. Now I will. If I was certain I will post it here. He is a very nice guy and won't bash him on this thread even though he's not a CR member. He has an amazing tank, but what can you do. Alway dip your stuff before sticking it in. LOL. Should have learned that a long time ago. hahahahh.

madjoe

Premium member
Joe, I respectfully disagree with you. If you are certain that a person gave you some parasite, then you should call them out on it for the sake of other members. A community should watch out for each other, there are too many unscrupulous people out there who could give a crap about other people's tanks.
Read the first line of your argument . If u r certain u just said it your self how many r certain most time it takes awhile to even notice u have some . If u read mine it says its hard to be certain . If u have 100 percent knowledge of somebody giving u it then fine blast em other wise it like sleeping with 100 women catching the fuking clap and blaming one person just use common sense is all im saying .

sk8elenex92

Premium member
I ordered a pill online and hopefully does not crash my tank.. I will update this thread once I do the treatment..

madjoe

Premium member
I ordered a pill online and hopefully does not crash my tank.. I will update this thread once I do the treatment..
Haha it wont crash the tank . U will lose pods and such they recomend taking snails and crabs out but mine always survived least the bigger crabs did snails slowed down for few days then after water change perked back up .

tinman

Haha it wont crash the tank . U will lose pods and such they recomend taking snails and crabs out but mine always survived least the bigger crabs did snails slowed down for few days then after water change perked back up .
+1 corals actually like the interceptor pill i think, chicken chicken lol

And i didn't pull out the snails or crabs and they were fine.

Do the full dosage though, may be a little extra

Sent from my iPhone

sk8elenex92

Premium member
I woke up to an email saying that the order has been canceled. Didn't even give a reason. WTF. The search continues.

fishtank44

I believe I ordered from Australia..
I remembered if not wrong it took me a month to receiver at my house's
I used it's only a quarter fill for my old 55gals corner tank , now I having 1 pcs and 3 quarter fill left in hand all to gave out to all my friend's in this forum
You can borrow a fill from me if you want then give back to me when you got your order , I just in case if I need it in futures lol.