Jbj 28 upgrade

bennersk8

Just picked up a jbj 28 and an ai nano from [MENTION=3482]Burntrack[/MENTION] yesterday. Plan to transfer over everything from my Aqueon 8. I think I might have to pick up a couple pieces of rock haha. Just picked up some pvc and I'm going to try and make a ghetto rig for the light.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

bennersk8

Made a cheap ghetto mount that only cost about $10 in parts from Lowe's. All wires tucked inside the piping. Not sure if the light is a little too high or just right...

bennersk8

Cheap and simple. I should probably paint it, but I'm anxious to get it wet. Gonna head out to grab some sand and water

Wildisme

Actually really like the pvc mount idea. Might have to follow your lead on that one. 3/4"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bennersk8

Haha thanks, but I just picked up 30lbs. I should have checked my phone sooner!

jrwoltman

Just picked up a jbj 28 and an ai nano from [MENTION=3482]Burntrack[/MENTION] yesterday. Plan to transfer over everything from my Aqueon 8. I think I might have to pick up a couple pieces of rock haha. Just picked up some pvc and I'm going to try and make a ghetto rig for the light.

Isn't the water going to spill out with the tank on its side like that?:hmmmm:

bennersk8

I threw in a couple pieces of dry rock and a piece of live rock from my established tank to get it seeded.

bennersk8

So yesterday as I was moving a couple rocks to the new tank, my dumbass totally forgot to turn off the ato and it dumped a ton of water into my Aqueon 8. Ugh...so anyways I figured the best course of action was to just move everything over to the new tank. So far, so good. I have a bucket of new sw on the side just in case I see a little cycle