Jebao PP-8 Vs. Tunze Turbelle Nanostream 6095 which is better?

wrasse

Jebao PP-8 Vs. Tunze Turbelle Nanostream 6095 which is better?
Looking for some opinions on which is better and why.
I can get 3 Jebao PP-8 for less than 1 Tunze Turbelle Nanostream 6095.
I don't have much experience with Tunze, word of mouth is good on products, and I have some Jebao stuff that seems O.K.
The one thing I do know is that pumps always fail eventually. I am looking to put together a largeish frag tank 36-48 inches long 24-36 wide.
Which would you go with and why Jebao or Tunze or something else?

If today's dollar value outweighs worries of tomorrow (I mean 6 months), then Jebao is very attractive. For me, I will never buy another one.

MMreef

Tunze is proven , long lasting product. Will not fail, will not slow down if not cleaned regularly.

Jebao - cheap, attractive copy of Tunze, will fail, needs to be cleaned almost monthly, will fail.

I threw my Jebao to trash after 6 months, it kept stalling if not cleaned, still worked, but couldn't bring myself to sell this to someone.
I still have my Tunze pumps since 2000, never one problem.
If you are looking for product to last and be bulletproof, pay more and go with Tunze, if you looking for cheap option and not worried that you might have to replace it every few months Jebao is your pick.

ali3596

Jebao- chinese taking advantage of the americans- imatation, no guarantee, no email address, no phone number, no customer service

Jebao- chinese taking advantage of the americans- imatation, no guarantee, no email address, no phone number, no customer service
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. I think that's a Chinese proverb.. LOL. Unfortunately, I was fooled three times...

wrasse

Tunze is proven , long lasting product. Will not fail, will not slow down if not cleaned regularly.

Jebao - cheap, attractive copy of Tunze, will fail, needs to be cleaned almost monthly, will fail.

I threw my Jebao to trash after 6 months, it kept stalling if not cleaned, still worked, but couldn't bring myself to sell this to someone.
I still have my Tunze pumps since 2000, never one problem.
If you are looking for product to last and be bulletproof, pay more and go with Tunze, if you looking for cheap option and not worried that you might have to replace it every few months Jebao is your pick.
That's what I thought.
I have some Jebao pumps now going on 6-8 months any day are they going to fail?

MMreef

That's what I thought.
I have some Jebao pumps now going on 6-8 months any day are they going to fail?
I know some people that their Jebao powerheads were fine for more then a year, for me never lasted that long, even when it is working it loses its power when gets dirty.
Return pumps get better usage from the reviews,I am running right now the DCT 1200, six months so far so good. Friend of mine almost two years now. I do have back up , just in case.

i got 2 of the 40's jebeoa pumps when they came out, they are still running no issues.. I just recently bought one of their return pumps model 3000 .Its really quiet and works about the same as the old mag 7 it replaced. Recently upgraded to the newer dual controller /power supply and both pumps are now synced and i don't don't need any apex type device as my lights are on a timer and liter meter does mag alk calcium and top off . For the money they are amazing little pumps.

maidia

Team CR
I run the WP jebao in SPS tank and last about 6 months to a year, I went to 2xMP40QD and happy. I still run RW-8 and RW15 Jebao in softies tank so far so good over a year now and still run. Just change the RW15 to PP-8 last night, let wait and see. If fail then MP40QD for me.