Lights

So I just got a used pair of Hydra 1st Gen lights with controller, but no director. They are older LED’s. Looking to maybe use them and combine them with some T5’s on my 75 gallon. Looking to see what other people do. Might sell them and then try to get a set up for roughly $500.00. Don’t know if that Is even a reasonable price for some decent lights...know that wouldn’t be top end. Anyone have some thoughts? Thanks!!!

Chase_The_Reefer

Honestly I use the AI hydras the arnt too crazy expensive and my acros do quite well. I would recommend sticking with used hydras as the resell market is pretty big and they resell pretty cheap I don’t know the dimensions of the 75 But adding some t5 bulbs would also Probably help

Thanks!
So what are you running your lights at currently. I know very little about the lights.
I see there is a coral acclimation setting. How long would you suggest using that?

Chase_The_Reefer

So for my nano tank I run a hydra 26 and I get great lighting I am planning to use the 64hd for my cube build for the coral acclimation mode I only really used it once or twice it’s really easy I usually set it for 3 weeks and forget about it you can’t really notice the difference between 20% lower as it slowly ramps up. I only use it when I have new acros.

Fish_wiz2

I agree with Chase. AI is affordable, powerful, and the newer ones are all WiFi. Also big plus Ecotech owns them lol.

Hydra 26 HD on my Elos Mini seahorse tank and couldn't be happier.