Looking for local welder

cment

Like the title states, Im looking for a local welder to modify a 4 foot metal stand to 6ft. Im located in bloomingdale 60108 but willing to drive.

GugsJr

TeamCR
There is a guy named Justin Smith on Facebook. He's having trouble creating an account. I think he's in Bloomington though. I don't know anyone local that welds.

Deezill

Premium member
Hey Cment did you get another tank? What size is it? I am looking for a stand for the 180 to get it up and going. I would like an aluminum or some type of metal stand.

cment

Hey Cment did you get another tank? What size is it? I am looking for a stand for the 180 to get it up and going. I would like an aluminum or some type of metal stand.
Not yet. Ill be moving into a new house soon and setting up another tank. I have a 4ft metal stand for a 120g but want to go bigger to a 5 or 6ft tank and looking to mod the current stand if possible.

Deezill

Premium member
So I found a metal fabricator and they are going to do what's in the picture for me for the 180-gallon for 520.00

Attachments

Deezill

Premium member
@cment I am not sure if you are still looking for a welder but my stand was made and was delivered. I sent over dimensions 2 weeks ago and they finished before i could refinish my basement. take a look

The dimensions are 73x25x40. I have plenty of room to work with my customized sump being built by OTA.
Now i just gotta finish my basement.

cment

@cment I am not sure if you are still looking for a welder but my stand was made and was delivered. I sent over dimensions 2 weeks ago and they finished before i could refinish my basement. take a look
View attachment 1745

The dimensions are 73x25x40. I have plenty of room to work with my customized sump being built by OTA.
Now i just gotta finish my basement.
Looks great man! Cant wait to see the new build. I may just be crazy enough and buy back the 180g from you lol!