Markemark Elos 160

Markemark

This is going to be a much slower build then I thought thanks to the wife I have 9 yards of topsoil to move I can hardly contain myself. Lol

Teaser pic for now the stand.

Slimm

I saw one of those tanks for sale on RC, I was very tempted by would have been a deadman. If its the same one, better you than me my friend. Seemed like a good deal for a beautiful tank.

Markemark

So I am also going to be ordering a new sump since not a big fan of the elos one that comes with it. I am wondering who does the best work and prices for the sump? I have heard great reviews on advanced acrylics in Ca and I have had a great sump made by nano sea trying to get the best sump for the $$$ LMK

Lil BamBam

Premium member
Question to paint the back of the tank or use window tint since it's going to be black?
So I am also going to be ordering a new sump since not a big fan of the elos one that comes with it. I am wondering who does the best work and prices for the sump? I have heard great reviews on advanced acrylics in Ca and I have had a great sump made by nano sea trying to get the best sump for the $$$ LMK
I used black paint and came out great!! But have seen pictures of people using tint just never seen it in person.

Best $$ is to do a DIY sump as it's not hard to do. IMO have Nano sea make the baffles for you and just glue them up!! I helped another member doing it this way and came our looking like a pro di it..lol!! Just make sure you get an idea of the layout you want and eveything else will fall into place. But I understand if you want a fancy sump ;)

Markemark

Alright next update picked up a 48" 8 bulb ati fixture next is deciding on the skimmer so then can have the sump built around the skimmers foot print

ColaAddict

Sweet. Do what I did, attach reefbrites to front and back of the ATI and you will have the perfect fixture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ColaAddict

I think I posted a pic in my build thread. you can also see a bunch of examples in reef2reef. the reefbrites fit perfectly on the ATI sunpower. I use them for actinics only (dawn/dusk), or to make my daylight lighting more blue.

Markemark

Newest update I am so excited to get home today as my Aquamaxx cone s CO-3 should be waiting for me finally after so long of being on backorder