My new AI Sol Blue

GunkGunk

Just got new AI Sol Blue with controller! I'm new but it seems light this light with controller can do anything. My PC's just weren't doing it for me. I wanted to be able to keep anything without light being the deciding factor. I also love love the shimmer it puts off and it's SILENT! Got a great deal at Aquatica in Tinley Park and I couldn't be happier. Cycle is already started and showing nitrites already. Just love this light! They said I will be good with one and it seems like more than enough coverage and I saved a few bucks by building my own hanging rig. This is with everything on 100% because I hadn't programmed the controller yet. Man led's for with controller for less than 500....I can't believe it. I almost spent 1900 on a acan the day before. Glad I waited. Thanks Mario!

BADGUS

Depennds what you want to keep,but it almost looks like you need 2 of these beauties.Is the tank a 46g bowfront?How's the HOB working out?Should really look into drilling it,will make your life easier in the long run.Before it cycles and you get livestock in it,i would look into it.

FishBeard

If you want to drill, I have the bits for 3/4" and 1" bulkheads. As long as you know the back panel is not tempered I can help you with drilling. Just did a glass holes setup on a 40 breeder.

Greg

You may not necessarily need another. You just need to raise it for more spread. Mario was right to just sell one imo.
AI told me on my new tank the light should be 24-28 inches over the tank. At 100% these think are bright. Im at 46% on my sps tank now.
For more input, I'd email AI and see what they recommend. They are very helpful.

mr_z

Those are awesome aquatica has like 16 of them over various tanks. And they're coming out with one half the size pretty soon I think i saw u cam preorder on aquacave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FishBeard

Those are awesome aquatica has like 16 of them over various tanks. And they're coming out with one half the size pretty soon I think i saw u cam preorder on aquacave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Talking about the AI Sol Nano? Poidog won one of those at MACNA iirc... Have yet to see any posts about it since the teaser pics of the swag from that thread.

GunkGunk

You may not necessarily need another. You just need to raise it for more spread. Mario was right to just sell one imo.
AI told me on my new tank the light should be 24-28 inches over the tank. At 100% these think are bright. Im at 46% on my sps tank now.
For more input, I'd email AI and see what they recommend. They are very helpful.
I made the bottoms of the wires so they are adjustable in case I do need to raise it. I will get another if necessary but was told one should be fine. I will call AI and see what they recommend for height. I programmed the controller now and none of the timers are set any where close to 100% where I had it set during the pics

GunkGunk

Depennds what you want to keep,but it almost looks like you need 2 of these beauties.Is the tank a 46g bowfront?How's the HOB working out?Should really look into drilling it,will make your life easier in the long run.Before it cycles and you get livestock in it,i would look into it.
HOB's working great now. I'd have to find out if the back is tempered or not to drill and I'm happy with the way it is now. Would I like to yes I guess but I'm not tearing it all down now

Alistar

Nice light... I think I would get one of those too if I upgraded the size of my tank. Did you buy the controller I assume?

GunkGunk

Nice light... I think I would get one of those too if I upgraded the size of my tank. Did you buy the controller I assume?
Yeah I got the controller. It's a must have if you get the light. So many options with it. I called AI and talked to Jeff and he said the light should be fine where it is which is about 9-10" above water. I have a glass top on the tank too which he said will cut out about 5% of par values. I guess we will see soon. Cycle is progressing nicely.

mr_z

thats right he did win one right idk if they are still preorder or back order i forgot which one i saw.

GunkGunk

FWIW I did raise the light another 3" so 12" above water line now and it has given better coverage in the corners and edges and tamed the "spotlight" in the middle of the tank too. Generally much more even and balanced light now with it up a bit.

Bwidner

Talking about the AI Sol Nano? Poidog won one of those at MACNA iirc... Have yet to see any posts about it since the teaser pics of the swag from that thread.
WTB a review Poidog! I am considering both a normal and the nano, kind aleanign towards the nano since mine is a mixed reef I think it can put out enough par to keep sps happy along th eupper half of the tank and give me room for softies and some lps lower and along the outer of the tank.