My new "Sun reef tank"

Pawel

Premium member
I finally upgraded my bow front 72g to 87g rimless. I also upgraded my lights to 2 ocean revive T-247B and my wave makers to 2 Maxspect gyre 230 with new controller. For skimmer I'm using new Aqua Excel EC15 with capacity up to 130g. In refugium I have Cheato algae with Kessil H80 light and miracle mud. For main filtration I'm using floss, live rock, chemi-pure blue, carbon, PhosGuard and Purigen. Im also dosing tank with Reef Fusion 1 and 2 and Kent Magnesium. Here are some pictures. I hope you'll guys enjoy it as much as I am.
View attachment 25603
View attachment 25604
View attachment 25605
View attachment 25606
View attachment 25607

Spartanman22

Very nice setup! The ocean revives are great bargain lights. I was a big fan of them on my 80 gallon rimless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pawel

Premium member
Very nice setup! The ocean revives are great bargain lights. I was a big fan of them on my 80 gallon rimless.

You dont find much negative reviews about those lights. They are very well make and they will last long time and will make your corals grow.

Pawel

Premium member
What brand is this tank? Dimensions? Looks great!

its made by chines company "sun sun". Dimensions are L48, H22, D20. Its actually all glass tank thats well made. Originally I was looking to buy Red Sea 350 tank but it had no refugium compartment and I want it a clean look without DIY stuff.

beetlenut33

Premium member
What is the cost difference of the sun sun vs. the Red Sea Reefer 350?

Also, I recently read that they are releasing the 2nd generation Red Sea Reefer with a refugium compartment in the sump. So now, all Reefers will have a fuge.

its made by chines company "sun sun". Dimensions are L48, H22, D20. Its actually all glass tank thats well made. Originally I was looking to buy Red Sea 350 tank but it had no refugium compartment and I want it a clean look without DIY stuff.

Pawel

Premium member
What is the cost difference of the sun sun vs. the Red Sea Reefer 350?

Also, I recently read that they are releasing the 2nd generation Red Sea Reefer with a refugium compartment in the sump. So now, all Reefers will have a fuge.
I payed $660 out the door at Coral reef pet center. Red sea reefer 350 is $1699 plus tax.

Pawel

Premium member
From left to right

GFO Reactor
Protein skimmer (To avoid microbubbles into the display and for it not skim anything from my fuge)
Fuge Light over fuge
Algae scrubber

Clever. I'm only getting micro bubbles when I change the floss. Next time I'll try rinsing floss and see the difference. Personally I like chaeto algae. It does real good job of exporting phosphate and nitrate from my tank and its a heaven for pods.

Spartanman22

That looks great and the price point is fantastic. Did they have any options in the 36 L department? Like the Red Sea reefer 250?

Pawel

Premium member
That looks great and the price point is fantastic. Did they have any options in the 36 L department? Like the Red Sea reefer 250?

I think that then can order one in the range of 50G(ish). Call them up and ask.