Need Mixing Station Ideas

Chase_The_Reefer

I need ideas to improve my mixing station (tank is 270 gal volume) so I would like to be able to mix 50 gallons of salt and then any rodi storage on top of that is a plus. Any container suggestions would be nice. it is 45 inches by 35 inches by 99 inches tall.A05854B7-267E-41FD-BFF9-CE3F261EA266.jpeg

jpratt

You could get two of these side by side on a wood platform with a pump connecting the 2 to move water between the 2 tanks. And then you could connect a hose to the plumbing to do water changes. They’re 18” in diameter so would fit right in that space

Mjl714

I’d build some type of wood stand to hold ideally sized containers of rodi water on top and saltwater below. Then i would mount the rodi unit on the wall above or perhaps on an easy access wall.

Chase_The_Reefer

Yea that’s what I’m hoping to do I just haven’t been able to find the right sized plastic containers to house at least 50 of salt that would fit cause preferably I want to store both fish and salt.

Ikaros70

I just use the brute trash cans, always worked out well for me. They also sell a rolling stand for them, makes it easy to roll around when full.
I am pretty sure I purchased mine from Home Depot, they also carry the rolling stands.
I’m in the process of rebooting my tank, tank crashed several years ago and lost everything.
Starting over but I kept the tank and all equipment. I am just going to use the brute garbage cans, always had good luck with them.
I have 2 with the roller stands, get the stands, well worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chase_The_Reefer

I only have room for one and I am using it now but I would really like a larger solution but honestly I have stalled out on my mixing station goals for lack of ideas on next steps

jpratt

The 50 gallon vertical storage tanks are 18 inches in diameter so 2 with some space for a pump probably puts you around 40-42"

Chase_The_Reefer

Ok I'm going to do it thanks so much for the suggestions I will def keep you guys updated on the progress. Any suggestions on a pump to run this mixing station?

jpratt

Probably a decent DC return pump that you can hard plumb. Doesn’t have to be anything fancy or super powerful