Need to vent

rockhead

So I just got my gen5 lights and wanted to give my review and first impression on them.

Well just my option but I’m very disappointed in the gen5 as far as packaging and fan noise.

Cons
1) the box is very poorly design when I opened it the was just flopping around in there. It had no plastic covering on it so it also has a couple of scuffs and also tore the cord out of the grommet.

2) the fan is loud I have the gen4 and 5 next to each other and the 4 you can not hear at all while the 5 I can hear in the kitchen.

Pros
1) good light spread and with the par meter it seem very even. I have the gen 4,5 as close in wattage as I can get them and I’m getting 40-50 par more with then gen 5

2) thin and light weight

3) Mobius app seems fairly easy to use

4) love how thin it is and I don’t need a diffuser like I do on the gen 4

So I personally think this light was rushed before Phillips released there light. They need to fine turn this I was expecting a lot move from ecotech.

xmoji

Eat, Sleep, Reef
Man that sucks. I hope you don’t experience these issues with the replacement.

How much more blue light is produced compared to your gen 4?

rockhead

I love the color all Channels at 100% and using the entire light , I only use cool white soft white , green , red at max 25% on the g4 and everything else @100%

Jonkings19

Disappointing to hear that the fan is much louder in the G5 because supposedly EcoTech designed a new fan in house for it. I also would expect more from Ecotech.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rockhead

What was your reasoning for switching from the ATI hybrid to Ecotech?

Well last summer I had a real hard time keeping the tank cool, I’m a cheap ass when it comes to something other then the tank, I keep the house AC set @ 77-78 and with the lights cooking all day my temp was really swinging. So going to give it a shot till we move next summer and will see what I set up on the next tank,

Spartanman22

Well last summer I had a real hard time keeping the tank cool, I’m a cheap ass when it comes to something other then the tank, I keep the house AC set @ 77-78 and with the lights cooking all day my temp was really swinging. So going to give it a shot till we move next summer and will see what I set up on the next tank,
Ahh gotcha makes sense I’m a hot box so the ac is always cooking.