Note to all members

DD

"Rambo"
I don't get to spend as much time on the site due to life's many ridiculous priorities.

With that being said, lately when I do have some time to log on, I am greeted by bickering and drama.

This site is first and foremost, dedicated to reef keeping; a hobby. Let's keep the site dedicated towards enriching each other's skills with this difficult hobby.

If you have a problem with another member, PM them, or PM one of the mods.

If you've been wronged in some way in a deal, there's a feedback feature for that, it's called iTrader.

If this thread offends you, then you probably are guilty of this.

I've always enjoyed logging on, and learning from you all, sharing what I know, having fun, and joking around with my friends.

Joking is one thing, but in the virtual world we live in, one where we can't read body language, it's very easy to get upset, angry, or misunderstand the message. Read your post several times before submitting it, and ask yourself, "if I didn't know me, is there any possibility that this post could be taken the wrong way?". If you even hesitate to answer no, please reword it.

There's an old saying that I really like which pertains to this: when you point your finger at someone, there are three more pointing back at you. There's also another that I've always enjoyed, but it only slightly pertains to this: the nail that sticks out the furthest is the first to be hammered down.

This should be a place where we all encourage each other, and share our wisdom we've accumulated over the years. That's what makes this site great.

Let's act like adults and keep it that way.

Thanks for your time and understanding,
Dom

Last edited:

jm23

Great post. Their will be drama from bad face to face interactions with each other or bad advice, but that is what private messages, the feedback forum and itrader are for. State the facts and be done and move on. People can read your post or itrader rating and decide for themselves who they want to interact with, without the need to go back and forth publicly. I know this site seems to go in waves with drama and I always enjoy coming to the site more often when the seas are calm. I am not saying that if you got scammed, given pests, or bad advice that you shouldn't address it, but keep the drama at home or to private messaging. Let's keep this community going strong.