Orphek OR90

anarchy02

Is anyone running orphek lighting? I have the blue and the daylight rails. Curious if I can run them by themselves or if I'll need to supplement. The plan right now is the 2 35" rails with 2 24" t5 bulbs. Just not sure if it's going to be overkill on a mixed reef. I guess if I dont get any replies I can always check with a par meter once the tanks set up.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Sawdonkey

Premium member
I have the Orphek V4 and two of the bars across the front of my tank. The bars are bright and I think if you had about four or more of them across your tank, they would look nice and provide plenty of light.

anarchy02

I have the Orphek V4 and two of the bars across the front of my tank. The bars are bright and I think if you had about four or more of them across your tank, they would look nice and provide plenty of light.
So do you think 2 bars and a 2 bulb t5 will suffice?

anarchy02

Yes, that should be fine. The bars are bright. You might even be able to do two bars with no T5.
Yeah it's only a 65 mixed reef. So I'll just put the spa up top. Also I'll be seeing you when I'm ready for sps

GugsJr

TeamCR
As mentioned the Bars are bright I have 3 over a 40 gallon with no issues.

I'd still measure par with a meter. Won't be exact since par meters dont work well under blue LED, it will give you a nice base line though

Attachments