PH

Gary Jones

Hello everyone. Got a question and looking for any ideas. I did a 3 day black out because of a algae out break. Now that my lights are back on everyday for the last 3 days my pH has been slowly going up to 8.55 at high point of the day. And only drops to 8.4 at night. Trying to figure out why it's going higher than normal.

GugsJr

TeamCR
What are you using to test your pH. Also with the algae what type is it? Blackouts help but you need to find your source

Gary Jones

A pinpoint pH probe. It is brown like sheet on my sand and rocks. At the time my nitrates we're at 1.7 and po4 was at .04 with a redsea test kit

carpetreef75

Premium member
Hello everyone. Got a question and looking for any ideas. I did a 3 day black out because of a algae out break. Now that my lights are back on everyday for the last 3 days my pH has been slowly going up to 8.55 at high point of the day. And only drops to 8.4 at night. Trying to figure out why it's going higher than normal.
Have you been stiring up sandbed moving things or cleaning ? doing weekly water changes ?
Bryan

If the pH in your tank becomes too high, you can try adding vinegar or carbon dioxide to the tank. Adding one mL of distilled white vinegar per gallon of tank water will help to reduce the pH in your tank by about 0.3 units. Another option is to add carbon dioxide directly to the tank by using bottled soda water.

Gary Jones

I clean my sump every 2 weeks when I do a 30 gallon water change. I have not move or done anything to the sand bed. I don't dose anything just normal R/O water top of.

Last edited: