photo questions?

fishtank44

Hi Guys.
I do have Canon camera with 18_55mm and 17_300mm lens
Mine 18_55 close-up picture corals on top and middle of tank are fine
I can't close-up corals pictures from bottom of my tank ,tank deep is 30 inches
17_300 lens is can't help
Is it any idea what camera len number to get close-up coral pictures from bottom tank?
Thank you for any idea.

maidia

Team CR
The Extension tube does not solve the OP problem. Please read the article below..

By increasing the distance between the focal plane (sensor) and the lens, the extension tube eliminates infinity focus, and drops the maximum focal distance to (usually) a few inches, allowing you to get extremely tight macro shots. That is their purpose.

To increase your focusing distance, you'll need to eliminate the extension tube completely, and mount your lens directly to your camera, that or purchase a teleconverter (which has an optical element to correct for the increased distance between the lens and the sensor), allowing you to 'zoom' while preserving the minimum focal distance, and ability to focus at infinity. The downside is that (unlike the extension tubes - which have ZERO effect on optical performance) a teleconverter HAS optical elements which can and DO degrade the optical quality.

fishtank44

The Extension tube does not solve the OP problem. Please read the article below..

By increasing the distance between the focal plane (sensor) and the lens, the extension tube eliminates infinity focus, and drops the maximum focal distance to (usually) a few inches, allowing you to get extremely tight macro shots. That is their purpose.

To increase your focusing distance, you'll need to eliminate the extension tube completely, and mount your lens directly to your camera, that or purchase a teleconverter (which has an optical element to correct for the increased distance between the lens and the sensor), allowing you to 'zoom' while preserving the minimum focal distance, and ability to focus at infinity. The downside is that (unlike the extension tubes - which have ZERO effect on optical performance) a teleconverter HAS optical elements which can and DO degrade the optical quality.
Thank you anh Mai ( King)

fishtank44

Hello anh mai
What size teleconver 1.4x or2.0x are good for my 30inches deep tank?
Thank you sir.

fishtank44

I went to Doll Camera and talked to a guy in store about I want close-up corals pic in mine bottom tank
After trying couple different lens and he said I need Extender 2x with 400mm len if I want getclose-up corals pic .