Plant id

madjoe

Premium member
Buddy bought this plant and its not doing to good but he didn’t get name of it lol so i want to figure out what it needs to survive. If any one recognizes it let me knowView attachment 23556

Cubano32

Premium member
Or put root tabs in the pot ...but it looks like it was grown immersed so means now that it's in the water it will melt away all old leave and grow new submerssed leaves which will be wider but not as long

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Cubano32

Premium member
This is the sword once the leaves transition to submerged state.

madjoe

Premium member
Hes gonna get pic when he gets home . He says looks like its dieing I haven’t seen it im sitting here wiring my tank trying to give him pointers but i have know clue about fe plants lol so I figured id ask here. I knew u could give some answers. I will post pic when he sends it . First pic was the day he bought it

madjoe

Premium member
This is the sword once the leaves transition to submerged state.

He just sent me pics kinda looks like that . So it goes through a transition once its submerged ? He says some turning brown and some tips look like they drying up lol idk what that means its under water after all

Cubano32

Premium member
He just sent me pics kinda looks like that . So it goes through a transition once its submerged ? He says some turning brown and some tips look like they drying up lol idk what that means its under water after all
If you could put the pic on here so I can see it plz

Cubano32

Premium member
And yes all plants no matter what kind if grown immersed (out of water) once in water will take a few weeks sometimes to transition into submerged state...some plants will look the same as far as leaf structure or shape some will change totally different..but like I said this will need some kind of nutrients weather it be root tabs or from a nutrient rich soil

Cubano32

Premium member
That leaf is melting which is totally normal while transitioning

Cubano32

Premium member
Thanks man . And he says thanks too
Not a prob if he has any other questions just ask me...I'm not an expert by any means but I have kept a freshwater planted tank for years from easy plants to high tech plants that require dosing and co2