Plumbing Question

Deezill

Premium member
Hello Chicago Reefers,

I purchased a Marineland 150 Xtra High tank. This tank came with Plumbing for the overflow portion of the tank and the only thing I have to purchase is the plumbing for tank to sump so in other words I have my drain pipe which will be converted to Durso and I have my return that sit in the overflow. My question is the 1 inch PVC pipes already came connected to the bulkheads. Am I to remove the pvc and put the glue or do I just use them as is? They are seated very well. I am having a hard time trying to pull the pvc out of the bulkhead. In fact I still have not done this. I ask because with my 65 gallon I performed my first plumb job (Purchased all the pvc) and I put primer and glue on before sticking it into the bulkhead in the overflow. This is my first time having plumbing that came with tank. Thanks for any help I don't want any leaks.

Deezill

Premium member
The herbie seems complicated. It mightbe just me because I was able setup the Durso on my 65 and it ran flawless and very quiet. let me watch some vids on it.

GugsJr

TeamCR
It's not complicated once you see it in action.

To answer your question you only glue on the bottom side of the bulk head, no need to glue the inside part of the tank

Last edited: