Pond Installers Local

coral49

Premium member
My wife game me the green light to add a small koi pond to the backyard. Does any one know local people for build/install they would reco?

Fish_wiz2

I would DIY if you can, every quote I got was THROUGH the roof. I ended up doing it myself in 2011, just redid my pond this spring.

coral49

Premium member
i figured that was the case, I've built my own stand and plumb all my own tanks cuz DIY is always much cheaper.. time is tight and the thought of digging a giant hole in ground seems long.. Since pond is new to me got any sites that give me guidance? I know i want a waterfall and UV another good suggestions?

Fish_wiz2

i figured that was the case, I've built my own stand and plumb all my own tanks cuz DIY is always much cheaper.. time is tight and the thought of digging a giant hole in ground seems long.. Since pond is new to me got any sites that give me guidance? I know i want a waterfall and UV another good suggestions?
Koiphen is probably the biggest US based online forum, it’s not as active as say a reefing forum but it’s one of the few we got.

You should plan for a bottom drain and good bio like a shower or moving bed filter, makes filtering and circulation easy.

Whatever you do, stay away from putting a lot of rocks in the pond and do not get a quote from Aquascape which is based of out of the western burbs.

Shoot me a PM if you want to throw ideas around. I cannot build it for you (too tired from mine), but wouldn’t mind throwing pointers.