• Post #29 - Bubble Tip Anemone

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Post #39 - Shroom

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DD

"Rambo"
Happy New Year everyone! Without further ado, I bring you the first POTM Contest for 2018.

The rules are fairly straightforward, and we're going to use the ruleset here: http://www.chicagoreefs.com/forums/showthread.php/12965-Chicago-Reefs-com-POTM-(Picture-of-the-Month)-General-Rules

We're changing it up a bit to be more inline with other POTM contests on other forums (not just reef/marine). The most notable change is that the Chicago Reefs staff will close down the thread after the 3 weeks have elapsed, and based on the number of entries, we'll narrow down the pics to a handful, then open up a new thread for voting on the finalist's images.

This first contest will be used to gauge interest, so we aren't going to set a theme other than the image must be of marine livestock (your tank, a fish, coral, etc.). In future contests, if enough people participate, we will designate a theme such as (Zoas/palys, shrooms, anemones, acros, etc.).

The most important thing before posting is to refer to the rules, but please make sure that the photo you post is one that you've taken.

Some advice from a fellow amateur photographer....we do have some members here who are really good behind a lens, so to ensure you have a good chance of winning, make sure that your image is in focus, and that you do your best to avoid crazy post-processing adjustments. The more you alter a photo, the more the quality degrades. Most phones can take really great pics these days, so don't think that because you don't have a DSLR, that you don't stand a chance of winning. A good pic is a good pic regardless of the cost of the gear.

The contest will run from today thru 1/24/2018 at noon CST. CR staff will do our best to have the finalists selected, and thrown into a new thread as quickly as possible in order to give everyone about a week to vote. The voting thread will be closed on 1/31/2018 at 10:00 PM CST and the winner will be announced at that point.

Now that all of that stuff is out of the way, submit some pics! Even if you don't think you'll win, submit a pic because you never know, you just might have the best out of the bunch!

Good luck everyone, let's see those photos!

Last edited:

GugsJr

TeamCR
Just read the rules missed the link. I'll post one when I get home so this is a saved post I guess...lol

enzo1028

Premium member

Don’t mind the dirty frag rack! Just picked this guy up, love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anarchy

Looks good! The polyps have never come out on mine, but it’s grown pretty well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This one's always been a grower for me. And the polyps are always out even when there's been no water changes for months still happy as can be

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk