Professional Tank Movers Exist - or free 8' 240g reef tank?

caragol

I'm not actually looking to move mine, but I may give it away for free to someone who could have it professionally moved rather than destroy it.

It's a reef ready 240g 8' x 2' x 2' monster and it's glass, and it's in my basement. I know the nightmare it was getting it down there and that was with the help of gravity. I'm considering selling my home soon and guessing the next people will ask that it not be there. So, I either have to destroy it somehow, or offer it up for free.

My fear is that a guy brings a couple of buddies over not knowing what they're getting into and destroying my home and drywall trying to get it out. This is a 400lb slippery glass box with no handles.

oceanfreak09

I'm not actually looking to move mine, but I may give it away for free to someone who could have it professionally moved rather than destroy it.

It's a reef ready 240g 8' x 2' x 2' monster and it's glass, and it's in my basement. I know the nightmare it was getting it down there and that was with the help of gravity. I'm considering selling my home soon and guessing the next people will ask that it not be there. So, I either have to destroy it somehow, or offer it up for free.

My fear is that a guy brings a couple of buddies over not knowing what they're getting into and destroying my home and drywall trying to get it out. This is a 400lb slippery glass box with no handles.
Pm sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jahnari

Sent you a pm on fb I can do done over 50 tank moves