**Quick Survey On Your Coral Preferences**

Fijiblue

Hello everyone. I was wondering if you would be willing to share your preferences in how and why you purchase your corals by answering the questions below. Thanks in advance for your help!

1. Maricultured, Wild or Aquacultured acroporas - which do you prefer and why?
2. How concerned are you about supporting sustainable collection?
3. How important is price in your purchasing decisions?
4. Which would you be more likely to do and why?
A. Purchase a frag of a coral from a local reefer.
B. Purchase a smaller colony of the same coral from a store for a few bucks more.
5. Are you more likely to purchase corals on line or at a store and why?

ColaAddict

1&2. to save the reefs, I like aquacultured
3&4. Price is very important, if corals are the same, I'm buying from cheaper seller.
If I can get a small colony from the local store/online, then I'll buy the small colony as long as it's not too much more expensive.
5. If I can find the coral/fish I like locally and at a comparable price, then I'll buy locally and save myself and the livestock the stress and danger of shipping.

Bwidner

1. Aquacultured
2. Very concerned, I don't want to constantly be replacing things and/or buying wild
3. Very important, obviously behind the health of the item but it's up there
4. For a few bucks more I would buy the small colony instead of just a frag
5. Store, I would much rather limit the stress of the animal and being able to see it in person gives me a better idea of what I am getting.

Out of curiousity why are you asking?

Tangency

I feel pretty much the same way.

1&2. to save the reefs, I like aquacultured
3&4. Price is very important, if corals are the same, I'm buying from cheaper seller.
If I can get a small colony from the local store/online, then I'll buy the small colony as long as it's not too much more expensive.
5. I don't mind buying corals online but the shipping costs are a huge factor so I typically buy local.

fastrc

1. Maricultured, Wild or Aquacultured acroporas - which do you prefer and why?
No preference on it but rather have aqua to save reefs.
2. How concerned are you about supporting sustainable collection?
3. How important is price in your purchasing decisions?
I buy alot of things from individuals and prefer large rather than frags so price really isn't important but i won't buy if i don't like the prices.
4. Which would you be more likely to do and why?
A. Purchase a frag of a coral from a local reefer.
B. Purchase a smaller colony of the same coral from a store for a few bucks more.
5. Are you more likely to purchase corals on line or at a store and why?
A store, don't like waiting for something and like to see what im buying first.

BADGUS

I also prefer aquacultured as i hae had horrible outcomes with maricultured.
Prefer to buy from fellow reefers which usually have better pricing.
I have had alot of ''Bad'' luck buying corals from LFS around here,so i rather take my chances from a reputable on-line vendor.

Fijiblue

Thanks for your replies everyone - please keep them coming.

@Bwidner - No particular reason - I just wanted to get everyone's thoughts on these topics. It seems that most reefers have the same practices.