Red Sea Max Nano

Red Sea Max Nano setup for about a year. Mainly SPS dominant. I travel for work and the Alkatronic has been the best investment I made in reefing. I just purchased the reefbot and will be upgrading as soon as they release their dosing unit. SPS coral mostly from Ryan(Rcunning8) a few pieces from Justin (Reefnation). If you are looking for coral, these guys are outstanding and have the healthiest and most colorful tanks!

Radion G4 XR30 Pro

15-20lbs Caribsea liferock

2 MP10QD W

Aquatronic Alk tester (upgrading to Reef Kinetics Reefbot)

ApexEL

Smart ATO w/ 5 gallon trigger systems container

Nemo (female) around 15 years old. I saved her from Petco

Nemo snowflake (Male)

They are bonded and lay eggs frequently.

Mexican Turbo

Glass shrimp

Blue Maxima Clam

Coral

AV99 Orange Crush
Walt Disney
PC Rainbow
Merlin’s Staff
Vivids rainbow delight
ORA Miami Orchid
Homewrecker
Applejacks
ReefRaft the Vihn
Miyagi Tort
Ice Tort
Bonsai
Purple plasma
Fruity pebbles
ORA Pearlberry
Strawberry Fields
Bubblegum digitata
Others I forgot the names of:)

Dendro
Blasto
Acan rainbow
Warpaint scoly
Bleeding apple scoly
Reverse bleeding apple scoly

Gold torch

Fruit loop zoa
Bam bam zoa
Rasta zoa
La laker zoa
Sunny D’s Zoa

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

vucious

Very nice tank! The stock lights weren’t good enough? Any other upgrades?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Vuc,

Thank-you! The stock light (prime) was fine for some lps and a few sps up high. I then went to a XR15 Gen4 Pro which was a vast improvement, but the sides still had shadowing. Once I threw the XR30 Gen4 Pro on, Color and growth and PH went crazy. My alk consumption has increased greatly. The light was the only thing I changed on the tank, stock filtration and skimmer are great! I did add a airline to the skimmer output and ran it outside which gave me a nice boost in PH. I was 7.7-8.0, now I’m at 8.0-8.3. The three greatest things I did for my tank was the XR30, Alkatronic and UC Vibrant for algae/nutrient control.

Last edited:

Mjl714

Tank looks great, nice work. Alk auto testing, why switch? Does new one test and adjust dosing?

Awesome Tank! How log have you had this clam for ?

Thank you!

I have had the clam for about 9 months. Lots of new growth:)

- - - Updated - - -

Tank looks great, nice work. Alk auto testing, why switch? Does new one test and adjust dosing?
Thank you mj!

I’m absolutely satisfied with the Alkatronic, but the reefbot lured me with all the other tests I could do as well as dose alk once they release their doser.