Reef Cams

york3rdbase

Premium member
What do you use for reef cams? Looking for something I can pick up from Amazon and gives me the option to watch previous footage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fish_wiz2

I used to use a Wyze cam, not sure on playback functionality (only used it for live streaming) but I got the Pan version so I could move it 360 degrees and 120 up/down. Great cheap camera, but sold it so I can get something that will link to an Apex.

Spartanman22

This is what I use:

It has cloud storage services available as well as an SD card for local storage. It works pretty well. Connection is smooth, image is clear and it was digital zoom. Here is my tank from about 10’ away.

york3rdbase

Premium member
This is what I use:

It has cloud storage services available as well as an SD card for local storage. It works pretty well. Connection is smooth, image is clear and it was digital zoom. Here is my tank from about 10’ away.

Awesome, thank you

fishyfish22

Premium member
question, how do you guys have your cams set up? i keep imagining a tripod with wires set up in the middle of a living room 24/7...

Spartanman22

question, how do you guys have your cams set up? i keep imagining a tripod with wires set up in the middle of a living room 24/7...
I’ve got mine setup on a bookshelf across the room. I’ll snap a photo and post it. That’s why I wanted one with digital zoom. I wanted it tucked away and not an eyesore. The only way to do that was 10’ away.

goat585

Administrator
This is what I use:

I have the same camera for my fish room. Works great

york3rdbase

Premium member
I ordered one, should arrive today. My tank is in my office, so I plan on setting it up on my desk or window sill.