Reef shopping habits

goat585

Administrator
Under the lockdown pet stores are considered essential businesses. How many of you are still visiting your local fish stores? Are you still purchasing livestock or just the essential supplies like salt or fish food?

A lot of stores have taken different approaches reduced hours, curbside pickup, etc. I've been approach by a number of stores wondering what to do and thought i try and get some feedback for them.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Mjl714

I have not gone to LFS or really anywhere since lockdown. No pet related purchases since lockdown. No plans to visit in the near future, but fish food needs will drive me out eventually.

Jmick007

I will run out if I need something and plan to call ahead to make sure they are open/have what I need. Ideally, I could prepay and pick it up.

I made an order online, but mainly because what I needed wasn't something that is normally in stores. I intend on going out to an LFS tomorrow or saturday to get a few inverts and maybe a bucket of salt.

Deezill

Premium member
I just got back from LFS. I got about 2 months worth of Food. Between Pellets, Flakes and frozen. I like a variety.
I am good on Nori sheets but forgot to get more.

oceanfreak09

I just got back from LFS. I got about 2 months worth of Food. Between Pellets, Flakes and frozen. I like a variety.
I am good on Nori sheets but forgot to get more.
If you don’t feel like going out. Amazon has awesome prices on nori(50 sheets for $9.98 or 100 sheets for $12.95 and can deliver within a few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

carpetreef75

Premium member
Amazon & Egay and its all waiting in the garage when I get home ,my delivery peeps have the garage code so they put in garage and nothing outside for the Porch Pirates .

GugsJr

TeamCR
I've tried but some of the hours of places I can't make it when I get out of work. Since I'm in the biomes field I'm considered essential but most of the stores are closed by 4pm it seems.

Been trying to get acropower from Aquapros for a while

xmoji

Eat, Sleep, Reef
I have been buying online mostly since lockdown. Luckily before shit hit the fan I got three packs of frozen food. Once that runs low I’ll have to pick up some food. Curbside pickup would be cool but if I have to run in and out I don’t mind.

I've tried but some of the hours of places I can't make it when I get out of work. Since I'm in the biomes field I'm considered essential but most of the stores are closed by 4pm it seems.

Been trying to get acropower from Aquapros for a while
Not sure how far out of the way it would be for you, but Seven Seas Aquatics is usually open late.

Chase_The_Reefer

Its been terrible I get so bored not being able to walk over to my lsf and browse /talk cant wait for tank it easy to open back up :(