Scuba certification

Hsolano

Pufferpunk is right, you can only get your C-Card for OW when you do the course pass the exam and do 2 open water dives. The offer is a scuba discovery session which is a brief class and a pool dive. By the way, you can take the course online for about $138 with PADI. THen all you have to do is fins a dive shop for the 2 open water dives, take the test and you are set.

fwadiver

yes but the 138 doesnt count for the open water dives... you are gonna spend another 200 for that

the 199 looks to be all inclusive and is a good deal for ow, dris typically charges 375 for this class.

If i were going to take any additional training it would be thru DRIS.

edit on above:

if your class only has 2 open water dives its a 'scuba diver' cert and not real open water... you do not want that, get the full open water which is 4 open water dives to be certified.

I just got certified yesterday through underwater safaris they had a deal $400 for all classroom/pool/open water dives and equipment rental for the open water weekend. So happy to be certified and highly recommend underwater safaris!

My older son did it about a year ago out in naperville , open water dives , rentals etc was about $400 all in.

Cant wait till my little guy turns 12 so he can get certified. Its a great lifelong investment.

Some colleges offer it for college credit. I took it at Waubonsee Community College for a PE credit, it met over at the YMCA or pool in Aurora IL. Can't remember how much it cost though. Certification dives were in Joliet at Brandon Quarry.

reef-luva

yes but the 138 doesn't count for the open if your class only has 2 open water dives its a 'scuba diver' cert and not real open water... you do not want that, get the full open water which is 4 open water dives to be certified.
True that, open water, different story