Share your slowest growing coral.

xmoji

Eat, Sleep, Reef
Mine is the JF Fox Flame. I have had this piece for two years and it only sprouted a couple branches. Not only that but it absolutely does not want to color up for me. It’s just an ugly brown stick.

Last edited:

Sawdonkey

Premium member
Mine is the JF Fox Flame. I have had this piece for two years and it only sprouted a couple branches. Not only that but it absolutely does. Or want to color up for me. It’s just an ugly brown stick.
Mine is super slow two. This is about 14 months of growth, but at least color is good!

Sawdonkey

Premium member
Such a good looking Coral but I can’t get anything out of it. What kind of lighting and par do you have it under ?
Not sure about PAR, but it’s under my Orphek V4s about 15 inches below the water surface. Kinda off to the side, so it’s not getting heavily blasted.

GugsJr

TeamCR
Such a good looking Coral but I can’t get anything out of it. What kind of lighting and par do you have it under ?
Mine before I lost in my recent mini crash was under 200ish par. Too high of par and it's not happy for color

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

xmoji

Eat, Sleep, Reef
Mine before I lost in my recent mini crash was under 200ish par. Too high of par and it's not happy for color

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Yeah I did notice that but even with lower for it just never is happy. 😕

DKST227

Not sure about PAR, but it’s under my Orphek V4s about 15 inches below the water surface. Kinda off to the side, so it’s not getting heavily blasted.
What's the control/reporting system you're using? I like the simple chart/data outlay!

DKST227

Huh? My control is the other corals in my tank. They grow quickly(SPS-wise)...the Fox Flame does not. What chart/data?
I was talking about the grey box showing all your parameters... KH, Mg, PO4, etc. It looks like some sort of data reporting system that is constantly monitoring your tank.

DKST227

I was talking about the grey box showing all your parameters... KH, Mg, PO4, etc. It looks like some sort of data reporting system that is constantly monitoring your tank.
I think I just found the answer by clicking on the grey box and it showed me all the details to your system including the AquaticLog controller.

Sawdonkey

Premium member
I think I just found the answer by clicking on the grey box and it showed me all the details to your system including the AquaticLog controller.
Ah! I use tapatalk on my phone, so I forgot I even had that. It’s just a manual input in aquatic log. Ever since I got a Apex, I track everything there instead. Much more convenient.

ultimatemj

How about glacier slow?

Think I bought this WWC Kaboom 3yrs ago? It’s was almost an inch then, now it’s 1-3/8”? Lol

Don’t get me wrong, I love this coral, but com’ on man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk